ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: How will Max and Checo end the 2021
Max faster in Quali and finishes higher in races 17 47.22%
Max slower in Quali and finishes higher races 1 2.78%
Checo faster in Quali and finishes higher in races 3 8.33%
Checo slower in Quali and finishes higher in races 6 16.67%
Max slower in Quali and slower in races 0 0%
Checo slower in Quali and slower in races 0 0%
Nothing between the two 4 11.11%
Max Destroys Checo 2 5.56%
Checo Destroys Max 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-18-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31533
Rep
11,578
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Perez to Red Bull Racing!!

Sergio Perez is confirmed at RBR for the 2021 season!!!

This is awesome!! Having been paired with RIC, GAS and ALB, in that order, RBR will finally have a test for Max since his time with RIC. We will finally have a real barometer for Max!!

In the VER vs PER battle for 2021, where does everyone think it will end up?
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 5
EdM51499.00
Ngilbe361582.00
MBM340813.50
minn199989.50
      12-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
1499
Rep
1,965
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Great pairing! And Checo will rake up a lot of points but Max will easily beat him. No doubt.

IMO Ricciardo is better than Checo. And Max outperformed Danny in their last joint year at RBR.

2018, Max vs. Daniel:
points:249 / 2 wins for Max - 170 / 1 win Ricciardo
Quali: 15 - 5 for Max, average gap -0,145 s.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d

Last edited by EdM5; 12-18-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer31533.00
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
dbarton62
Colonel
Canada
1129
Rep
2,255
Posts

Drives: 04ZR 3.0 6 speed VF SC
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kitchener Ontario Canada

iTrader: (2)

If VER matures he should be ahead of PER.
If not...well...cue the VER gang.
__________________
Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting,RS4 MAF, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial BPV, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler, 42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.64LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.ST coils,Koni Yellows. Megan camber arms. Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 2
MKSixer31533.00
minn199989.50
      12-18-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Great pairing! And Checo will rake up a lot of points but Max will easily beat him. No doubt.

IMO Ricciardo is better than Checo. And Max outperformed Danny in their last joint year at RBR.
Spot on !
I knew it already from last monday . #192 => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...1781704&page=9

As MAX said : Actually I don't care who my teammate is , I just push the car beyond the limits .
Let us hope Checo is faster than Albon was in this season .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM51499.00
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
If VER matures he should be ahead of PER.
If not...well...cue the VER gang.
Mate . From what we saw is MAX mature enough to beat the Mercs , at least if his car is fast enough !
That's what we saw the whole season...
PER is a piece of cake...and the rest as well !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #6
rcracin
Major
1040
Rep
1,168
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

From 2018 Ric forward, no way Max is magically that much better than the other Red Bull driver. Case in point is Gasly’s success at Alpha Tauri even without the win. Red Bull hasn’t invested in their other driver and we’ll see if Perez can do something about that internal bias at the team.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer31533.00
minn199989.50
yco4330.50
Wills27365.50
      12-18-2020, 09:25 AM   #7
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
1955
Rep
11,348
Posts

Drives: Z4MC &......
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

The big question is, will he be designated the #2 with less than equal equipment as Redbull has done in the past?

With a good car Checo could really help mature Max.
He needs someone to push his limits within the team.
Appreciate 3
dbarton621129.00
minn199989.50
wdb2870.50
      12-18-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31533
Rep
11,578
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
From 2018 Ric forward, no way Max is magically that much better than the other Red Bull driver. Case in point is Gasly’s success at Alpha Tauri even without the win. Red Bull hasn’t invested in their other driver and we’ll see if Perez can do something about that internal bias at the team.
This. Spot on. RIC saw the writing on the wall and pulled the rip cord.

Brilliant analysis. PER and his handlers need to keep an baleful eye on Darth Marko and make sure his shenanigans aren't taking place!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 4
rcracin1039.50
minn199989.50
fanatic1850.00
wdb2870.50
      12-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #9
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1582
Rep
870
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
I like Albon, but this was the right move for RBR. Im glad they were able to make it. Hopefully this will give them some alternative strategy opportunities that they did not have this year. Good for Checo for getting to race for at least one more year. Well deserved!
Appreciate 3
MKSixer31533.00
minn199989.50
fanatic1850.00
      12-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #10
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
From 2018 Ric forward, no way Max is magically that much better than the other Red Bull driver. Case in point is Gasly’s success at Alpha Tauri even without the win. Red Bull hasn’t invested in their other driver and we’ll see if Perez can do something about that internal bias at the team.
Of course mate ...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 11:59 AM   #11
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
9990
Rep
8,608
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . From what we saw is MAX mature enough to beat the Mercs , at least if his car is fast enough !
That's what we saw the whole season...
PER is a piece of cake...and the rest as well !
This is what YOU and a few others saw..............
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:06 PM   #12
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2265
Rep
4,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
IMO Ricciardo is better than Checo. And Max outperformed Danny in their last joint year at RBR.

2018, Max vs. Daniel:
points:249 / 2 wins for Max - 170 / 1 win Ricciardo
Quali: 15 - 5 for Max, average gap -0,145 s.
If you factor in the DNFs and engine problems, then Ricciardo was arguably still the better driver. As he clearly was in the first two years he was in the same car as Verstappen.

https://drivetribe.com/p/verstappen-...TD-_6vFDiBREZg

Has an interesting analysis of the 2018 season.

"[....]What my chart shows is that with Ricciardo qualifying on average at 6.2 and Verstappen at 5.7 there is effectively very little between them in qualifying and that really was to be expected. From that point on things get interesting.

Drivers ahead of them that suffered DNF’s significantly help Verstappen. 8 for Verstappen and 5 for Ricciardo.

From Verstappen’s adjusted grid position of 5.2 he is finishing a race on average at 4.0, a gain of 1.2 places. Ricciardo however, starts from an adjusted position of 5.6 and finishes a race at 3.5, more than 2 places gained on average per race. So while Ricciardo is on average starting behind Verstappen, he is on average finishing ahead of him and by more than a full position. Clearly, Ricciardo is better at gaining true positions.

The cumulative positions gained is also very illuminating. One the face of it Ricciardo is clearly the big winner, gaining 17 positions to Verstappen’s 12. However, if you remove Verstappens result from Monaco, where he started 20 and gained 8 positions, Verstappen position gain is really just 4. Do the same for Ricciardo and remove his biggest race position gain, which was Hungary where he gained 7 positions, he now has 10. Now Ricciardo leads 10 – 4. Which means Ricciardo is gaining a lot of positions while Verstappen without the Monaco result is essentially finishing where he started. Again advantage to Ricciardo.

In terms of races where either driver lost positions, Ricciardo wins again. He’s never finished a race lower than he’s started, while Verstappen has finished worse than he started twice.

The only category that Verstappen is better in is qualifying and the difference is so small that it’s essentially insignificant. Everywhere else Ricciardo is clearly better.

Regardless of the spin Red Bull have put on Ricciardo leaving, I think it’s pretty clear they have lost their best driver. The implications of that I believe will be significant in 2019. I question whether Gasly is really ready for the move to Red Bull. On paper the Verstappen / Gasly pairing looks weaker than Ricciardo / Kyvat pairing of 2016. And that was probably the weakest team Red Bull have ever had.
Appreciate 2
EdM51499.00
minn199989.50
      12-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #13
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . From what we saw is MAX mature enough to beat the Mercs , at least if his car is fast enough !
That's what we saw the whole season...
PER is a piece of cake...and the rest as well !
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
This is what YOU and a few others saw..............
Who is the only driver who was able to split the Mercs during the whole season ?
Who is the only driver who finally could beat the Mercs ?

Name of the driver please ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #14
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
9990
Rep
8,608
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Who is the only driver who was able to split the Mercs during the whole season ?
Who is the only driver who finally could beat the Mercs ?

Name please ?
This isn't what you said in your other post. He was the only one that could do it, but he stills has immature/inconsistent side we saw quite a few times this year.

He still needs to mature to beat the Mercs/Hamilton and whoever else they put in that seat to replace Bottas.

As others said in this thread, if RBR doesn't eff with Sergio like they did Gasly and Albon, he will be able to do this as well. So Max won't just be fighting Lewis this time. Let's see how his fragile ego can handle that.

Regardless, I love this move and makes me very excited for next year.

Edit: Also, it might not be status quo next year. RIC in the McLaren and if Ferrari pulls their heads out of their asses, it could be more crowded up front finally. Could be..............
Appreciate 1
MKSixer31533.00
      12-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2265
Rep
4,271
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Its already looking like Horner has decided how he see the part he expects Perez to play.

"Horner said it was crucial for Red Bull to give Verstappen a competitive team-mate to help in the fight against Mercedes after being left without a rear gunner at races this year."
Appreciate 2
minn199989.50
MKSixer31533.00
      12-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #16
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
This isn't what you said in your other post. He was the only one that could do it, but he stills has immature/inconsistent side we saw quite a few times this year.

He still needs to mature to beat the Mercs/Hamilton and whoever else they put in that seat to replace Bottas.

As others said in this thread, if RBR doesn't eff with Sergio like they did Gasly and Albon, he will be able to do this as well. So Max won't just be fighting Lewis this time. Let's see how his fragile ego can handle that.

Regardless, I love this move and makes me very excited for next year.

Edit: Also, it might not be status quo next year. RIC in the McLaren and if Ferrari pulls their heads out of their asses, it could be more crowded up front finally. Could be..............
We both know how old MAX is . But that doesn't matter , as he is the youngest race winner ever anyway !
Last weekend we finally saw "Equal Machinery" That matters mate !
And hopefully also in 2021 !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #17
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
9990
Rep
8,608
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
We both know how old MAX is . But that doesn't matter , as he is the youngest race winner ever anyway !
Last weekend we finally saw "Equal Machinery" That matters mate !
And hopefully also in 2021 !
Oh goody, this game again! Who is the youngest WDC?

I'm not sure we saw equal machinery either...........

I'm hopeful for an exciting 2021 season.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer31533.00
      12-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #18
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2640
Rep
1,696
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Of course mate ...
Sorry, Senna and Schumacher were champions, so not even close bro
Appreciate 3
minn199989.50
yco4330.50
dbarton621129.00
      12-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #19
Chappers 71
Brigadier General
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1931
Rep
3,845
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
If you factor in the DNFs and engine problems, then Ricciardo was arguably still the better driver. As he clearly was in the first two years he was in the same car as Verstappen.

https://drivetribe.com/p/verstappen-...TD-_6vFDiBREZg

Has an interesting analysis of the 2018 season.

"[....]What my chart shows is that with Ricciardo qualifying on average at 6.2 and Verstappen at 5.7 there is effectively very little between them in qualifying and that really was to be expected. From that point on things get interesting.

Drivers ahead of them that suffered DNF’s significantly help Verstappen. 8 for Verstappen and 5 for Ricciardo.

From Verstappen’s adjusted grid position of 5.2 he is finishing a race on average at 4.0, a gain of 1.2 places. Ricciardo however, starts from an adjusted position of 5.6 and finishes a race at 3.5, more than 2 places gained on average per race. So while Ricciardo is on average starting behind Verstappen, he is on average finishing ahead of him and by more than a full position. Clearly, Ricciardo is better at gaining true positions.

The cumulative positions gained is also very illuminating. One the face of it Ricciardo is clearly the big winner, gaining 17 positions to Verstappen’s 12. However, if you remove Verstappens result from Monaco, where he started 20 and gained 8 positions, Verstappen position gain is really just 4. Do the same for Ricciardo and remove his biggest race position gain, which was Hungary where he gained 7 positions, he now has 10. Now Ricciardo leads 10 – 4. Which means Ricciardo is gaining a lot of positions while Verstappen without the Monaco result is essentially finishing where he started. Again advantage to Ricciardo.

In terms of races where either driver lost positions, Ricciardo wins again. He’s never finished a race lower than he’s started, while Verstappen has finished worse than he started twice.

The only category that Verstappen is better in is qualifying and the difference is so small that it’s essentially insignificant. Everywhere else Ricciardo is clearly better.

Regardless of the spin Red Bull have put on Ricciardo leaving, I think it’s pretty clear they have lost their best driver. The implications of that I believe will be significant in 2019. I question whether Gasly is really ready for the move to Red Bull. On paper the Verstappen / Gasly pairing looks weaker than Ricciardo / Kyvat pairing of 2016. And that was probably the weakest team Red Bull have ever had.
Given equal machinery Big Dan has already proven that he is the fastest F1 driver.

Please see attached link, as I'm not clever enough to be able to attach it directly


https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...VjeGpwMFaRSsWD
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
Ngilbe361582.00
      12-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #20
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
1499
Rep
1,965
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
If you factor in the DNFs and engine problems, then Ricciardo was arguably still the better driver. As he clearly was in the first two years he was in the same car as Verstappen.

https://drivetribe.com/p/verstappen-...TD-_6vFDiBREZg

Has an interesting analysis of the 2018 season.
Any fact based analysis is much appreciated Sir! Thank you.
Tbh I like Ricciardo very much. He's a real warrior and under the right circumstances at the right time he could definitely win the WCD (just think of Button or even Alan Jones). I never understood why Ferrari didn't sign him.

But this analysis makes no sense really. For example: [Which means Ricciardo is gaining a lot of positions while Verstappen without the Monaco result is essentially finishing where he started].
Well, it seems quite logical that if you start further down the field you got more opportunities to gain positions. Nevermind the dynamics of the race. During races, the running order and intervals are not a lineair phenomenon.

Let's just rely on the F1 drivers for a solid assessment of who was best in 2018.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 2
      12-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #21
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Given equal machinery Big Dan has already proven that he is the fastest F1 driver.

Please see attached link, as I'm not clever enough to be able to attach it directly


https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...VjeGpwMFaRSsWD
Awesome mate !

Now we are talking ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      12-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
...and das definitely banned for the MIB as from now,Todt should remember that if he stays awake
" Cirque du Soleil "
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST