ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
He says his 'unhealthy' lifestyle and smoking probably didn't help and he doesn't know if he's getting better. I was thinking about him before and he should definitely have the vaccine with him being at high risk.
Just saw it from "Larry King" COVID !
His condition in the LA hospital is very worrying...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      01-03-2021, 08:18 AM   #24
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Just saw it from "Larry King" COVID !
His condition in the LA hospital is very worrying...
Yes,Larry King himself has been admitted to hospital in LA with covid, it's catching those with poor health and he has previously battled cancer.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #25
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Just saw it from "Larry King" COVID !
His condition in the LA hospital is very worrying...
More on the 44 contract debacle,Daimler not happy and Russell by the phone 24/7!
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76027...h-russell.html
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
More on the 44 contract debacle,Daimler not happy and Russell by the phone 24/7!
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76027...h-russell.html
Yeah my friend . I saw it earlier today and last week. HAM refused to sign the 40 million/Year contract ..
HAM demanded a 2 year contract => 50 million/Year .
Seems like It's never enough ...

That's why HAM said already in November : It's NOT sure I'm still here in 2021.
HAM will get a hard time , to change Daimler's financial restrictions..

Of course , Russells performance showed clearly HAM is NOT god .
But the Merc W11 is it ....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      01-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

"SEB"

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      01-03-2021, 11:01 AM   #28
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend . I saw it earlier today and last week. HAM refused to sign the 40 million/Year contract ..
HAM demanded a 2 year contract => 50 million/Year .
Seems like It's never enough ...

That's why HAM said already in November : It's NOT sure I'm still here in 2021.
HAM will get a hard time , to change Daimler's financial restrictions..

Of course , Russells performance showed clearly HAM is NOT god .
But the Merc W11 is it ....
As you said,workers are being laid off because of covid and production drop off for vehicles ppl don't want; His demands are risible.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #29
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"SEB"

Seb was voted Britain's favourite F1 driver in an unofficial poll and his humour shows why
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
31821
Rep
16,982
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Seb was voted Britain's favourite F1 driver in an unofficial poll and his humour shows why
That's why...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick16100.00
      01-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #31
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's why...
Three years to build, now they have to reduce d/force by 10% cutting away rear floor,min weight of car increased by 3 kilo and PU weight up to 150 kilos so no mega expensive materials need to be used and the others will probably gain
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2021, 07:27 AM   #32
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31533
Rep
11,578
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Three years to build, now they have to reduce d/force by 10% cutting away rear floor,min weight of car increased by 3 kilo and PU weight up to 150 kilos so no mega expensive materials need to be used and the others will probably gain
Isn't this what was said when the engine modes were restricted and RBR fell back in the subsequent race?

__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #33
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
3264
Rep
2,522
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Isn't this what was said when the engine modes were restricted and RBR fell back in the subsequent race?

MK!
Oh no! You're missing four (4) of your "clap" icons

Your recent "subliminal" seven (7) icons are epic!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,042
Appreciate 1
MKSixer31533.00
      01-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #34
David70
Colonel
United_States
1506
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
As you said,workers are being laid off because of covid and production drop off for vehicles ppl don't want; His demands are risible.
Whatever amount of money he takes or doesn't take won't change what happens to laid off Covid workers and MB is welcome to say no. They know he doesn't have better options if he wants to win next year so not sure why we are supposed to feel bad for MB. It's a business deal with them wanting him as a driver and to pay as little as needed and him wanting to drive for MB and get paid as much as possible.

I don't feel sorry/mad at either one of them and am fine with whatever deal they do or don't put together.

I think you felt sorry for Russell when MB "forced" Russell into a long term contract, now you feel sorry for MB as Hamilton "forces" them into a new contract? You seem lost on how these business deals work. All parties negotiate what is best for them and both can move on with someone else if things don't work out.

When I took my current job I negotiated a higher salary, more than I really needed and laid off Covid workers wasn't part of the discussion or would it change things if I took less.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 3
MKSixer31533.00
3798j4099.00
      01-04-2021, 08:00 AM   #35
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31533
Rep
11,578
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post


MK!
Oh no! You're missing four (4) of your "clap" icons

Your recent "subliminal" seven (7) icons are epic!
That's 3 for the number of Pole Positions Max has!!!!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3264.00
      01-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #36
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
3264
Rep
2,522
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
That's 3 for the number of Pole Positions Max has!!!!!

That's the look on the faces of RB mechanics before the start of the 2020 Hungarian GP....
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,042
Appreciate 1
MKSixer31533.00
      01-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #37
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31533
Rep
11,578
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

That's the look on the faces of RB mechanics before the start of the 2020 Hungarian GP....
LOVE IT!!!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3264.00
      01-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #38
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Whatever amount of money he takes or doesn't take won't change what happens to laid off Covid workers and MB is welcome to say no. They know he doesn't have better options if he wants to win next year so not sure why we are supposed to feel bad for MB. It's a business deal with them wanting him as a driver and to pay as little as needed and him wanting to drive for MB and get paid as much as possible.

I don't feel sorry/mad at either one of them and am fine with whatever deal they do or don't put together.

I think you felt sorry for Russell when MB "forced" Russell into a long term contract, now you feel sorry for MB as Hamilton "forces" them into a new contract? You seem lost on how these business deals work. All parties negotiate what is best for them and both can move on with someone else if things don't work out.

When I took my current job I negotiated a higher salary, more than I really needed and laid off Covid workers wasn't part of the discussion or would it change things if I took less.
Believe me Merc is the last team I feel sorry for, really!
You can't compare your negotiation for higher job salary with that what's going on with HAM and Merc/Daimler. HAM's negotiation manager used to be his dad but I gather he was sacked by him?
Daimler has said his pay demand is not in line with that of the current covid hit on production and workers so it has everything to do with it.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #39
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
LOVE IT!!!!
Hey MXS,watch all your turn to soon heheh.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #40
David70
Colonel
United_States
1506
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Believe me Merc is the last team I feel sorry for, really!
You can't compare your negotiation for higher job salary with that what's going on with HAM and Merc/Daimler. HAM's negotiation manager used to be his dad but I gather he was sacked by him?
I think he has a new negotiating manager, the "sacked" is just something you dreamed up? There are lots of reasons not to have your dad negotiating a deal worth tens of millions of dollars and instead going to a professional.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #41
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
16100
Rep
8,799
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I think he has a new negotiating manager, the "sacked" is just something you dreamed up? There are lots of reasons not to have your dad negotiating a deal worth tens of millions of dollars and instead going to a professional.
No mate, look it up ''Dad will miss being here. It was ME who initiated the break'': Lewis
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #42
David70
Colonel
United_States
1506
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
No mate, look it up ''Dad will miss being here. It was ME who initiated the break'': Lewis
If I were in Lewis shoes I would get the best negotiating manager I could get and negotiate the most money I could get. He works for a $200 billion dollar company, not a charity.

If I thought my father wasn't the right person to make this happen I would get a professional. Call it sacking him if you want.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST