ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-24-2023, 05:37 PM   #1
EintrachtAdler
Registered
Rep
Drives: E85

Wiring Help for Dash Mount Carplay Screen

Hey all,

I am wanting to add a dash mounted touch screen that has carplay. I plan to put it either on the dash above the radio or on the dash above the drivers side cupholder. I don't want to use one that replaces the stock Business CD because I like the clean original look. I am trying to figure out the best way to hide ugly wires. The display needs power and comes with a cigarette lighter plug, but I want to see if there is a way I can splice the cable into an ignition on source on the fuse box, which I believe is in the glove box (?). Would there be any specific fuse that would be the best to add a fuse into? Any recommended way to run the wire to hide it as much as possible? Perhaps between the dash and windshield all the way to the passenger door jam then into the glove box from there? If that wouldn't work, I could probably run it relatively cleaner to the cigarette lighter, but would there be a way to splice it directly into the socket without the big bulky plug so I could still close the cover there?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0