ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-31-2023, 06:19 AM   #1
zoomnad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4si "M" suspension

FOXWELL NT510 Elite fit for BMW

Has anyone used the FOXWELL NT510 Elite fit for BMW as a scan tool? I don't have a laptop computer not that I couldn't buy one. Then the cord ($50) and then setting up the computer with BMW with ISTA+ ISTA/P and that is way beyond my expertise as far as computers go. All I want to do is fix little things that go wrong, change the oil, and brakes, and reset reminders that come up on the dash! Simple things like the dealer would do. I know my limits as to what I can do. Or are there better ones out there that would service needs?
Thanks, and yes, I have looked in the forum and there is my confusion.
Dan
      12-31-2023, 02:23 PM   #2
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

I’ve got this but not sure if there’s much difference between the two I haven’t had the NT510 in my hand.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...ini-scan-tool/

To this point it’s done what I’ve needed and more than what you’re looking to do. First I started with a peake then went to a creator c310 and still needed more for air bag and stuff so the schwaben by foxwell has fit the bill for what I’ve needed to this point.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17312.00
      01-02-2024, 08:16 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomnad View Post
Has anyone used the FOXWELL NT510 Elite fit for BMW as a scan tool? I don't have a laptop computer not that I couldn't buy one. Then the cord ($50) and then setting up the computer with BMW with ISTA+ ISTA/P and that is way beyond my expertise as far as computers go. All I want to do is fix little things that go wrong, change the oil, and brakes, and reset reminders that come up on the dash! Simple things like the dealer would do. I know my limits as to what I can do. Or are there better ones out there that would service needs?
Thanks, and yes, I have looked in the forum and there is my confusion.
Dan
I have a few different BMW scan tools. The Foxwell Schwaben that ECS sells works good enough. You can do most repair level scopes of work with it. It's portable and can stay in the car for roadside scans.

That said, 5 years ago, Foxwell's tech support absolutely sucked. I'm not sure it is any better these days.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
HTM10157.00
      01-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #4
Barryb97
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Use the Foxwell 510 elite for my BMWs works great. The only thing is that for software updates you need an intel computer. I am an Apple guy so I had to buy a cheap dell laptop on eBay.
CDV delete, clutch stop, BMW pedals, Strongstrut bar, CF rad & coil cover, M3 reps, roundel under hood, Intravee II, air bag sticker delete, first aid storage, painted reflectors, headlight washer disable, Skyer CF front lip, Short shift kit, Leather Z arm rest, Stromung exhaust, RPI scoop, RTAB limiters, powerflex bushings, TC Kline DA coilovers, PB big brake kit, Skyer CF rear spoiler and diffuser, oil pressure and water temp guages.
Appreciate 0