ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #1079
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Hi. Were you around during the Christopher Dorner incident? I'm curious as to what others thought of him, or if his cause had merit. Obviously his actions were unjustified, but were his complaints justified? Did anything change afterward?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:39 PM   #1080
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Hi. Were you around during the Christopher Dorner incident? I'm curious as to what others thought of him, or if his cause had merit. Obviously his actions were unjustified, but were his complaints justified? Did anything change afterward?
I was. The crazy thing about that incident was that his complaints were justified, but he started killing other law enforcement officials and that really pissed everybody off. On this side of the line, you never understand when one of your own starts taking out his/her brothers and sisters in blue. Oftentimes we are all we have.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #1081
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I was. The crazy thing about that incident was that his complaints were justified, but he started killing other law enforcement officials and that really pissed everybody off. On this side of the line, you never understand when one of your own starts taking out his/her brothers and sisters in blue. Oftentimes we are all we have.
Thanks. I remember that incident well, and thought it unfortunate that he didn't make his complaints known to the press instead; then perhaps those four innocents would still be alive today. Very sad situation.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      07-13-2020, 02:34 AM   #1082
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
This career is great.......was great. It has always been a risk-reward proposition buoyed by great compensation and a good retirement, the latter two references adding incentive for placing ourselves in danger every shift and being willing to die for something larger than ourselves. Additionally, qualified immunity allowed for us to be able to make mistakes made in good faith without the fear of callous legal ramifications and/or prosecution. Essentially it allowed us to be human. The current climate expects perfection from law enforcement; an unrealistic expectation. Couple that with the very real proposition of losing our pensions, a reduction of resources due to the "defund the police" movement and body cameras designed to allow hindsight criticism of highly dangerous, rapidly evolving and fluid situations, and you have a recipe for career disaster. It was bad enough that one incident in your career would likely lead to termination or forced retirement. Now, one incident will likely lead to an officer being charged with murder, for example, over a textbook and easily justified shooting (...e.g...criminal points gun at officer, officer shoots criminal, it's all caught on camera and the criminal's gun was recovered at the scene, but the officer gets charged with murder. WTF?!?!).

I was told many years ago by older officers that they "felt for me and others who were just beginning their careers." They went on to state that the world was no longer friendly nor respectful towards law enforcement and that I/we'd have a very difficult time bridging the chasm. These officers also stated they would never have chosen to become cops in today's world. Fast forward many years and I finally understand what they meant. It isn't worth it, and I feel for those applying and trying to get hired in a world that becomes more unfriendly by the day.

Ultimately there will be people in uniform to carry the torch, but disenchantment awaits them. It's unfortunate because the vast majority of us enter this profession to do good things and protect innocent people. We are not flawless, but we are full of heart and we enjoy being of service. It's unfortunate that we are just pawns in a much larger scheme.
I agree with everything you said my friend. The sad part is that what is happening is not what the vast majority of folks want but because of the actions of a small militant group who are supported by the MSM and virtue signalling politicians. Take care of yourself and those you work with. Stay safe.
Thank you Sir! I will definitely watch my back and the backs of my partners I work with. I've begun the countdown. I will be transferring to the courts or to the county hospital jail ward next summer. We are on a freeze currently due to the defund, but as soon as movement opens up I will be adding myself to the transfer list.
Don't sweat it. Can't speak for your communist state, but most of America supports you and your brothers in blue. Most Americans know your value and appreciate you guys and gals for it. We know the sacrifices you make while being underpaid. If it were up to me, I'd triple police funding instead of eliminating it.

Unfortunately, the people in charge only care about lining their pockets by remaining in office. I really hope everyone gets out and votes to preserve what we have left of our great country. If not, then all those who served and all those who continue to serve will be doing it in vain. And all those who sacrificed will have done it in vain.

I experienced something similar while in the army. Albeit it wasn't this severe.

However, maybe it's time to give those people what they want. You don't realize what you have until it's gone, right?
Sedan_Clan24829.00
scostu1619.50
      07-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #1083
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This career is great.......was great. It has always been a risk-reward proposition buoyed by great compensation and a good retirement, the latter two references adding incentive for placing ourselves in danger every shift and being willing to die for something larger than ourselves. Additionally, qualified immunity allowed for us to be able to make mistakes made in good faith without the fear of callous legal ramifications and/or prosecution. Essentially it allowed us to be human. The current climate expects perfection from law enforcement; an unrealistic expectation. Couple that with the very real proposition of losing our pensions, a reduction of resources due to the "defund the police" movement and body cameras designed to allow hindsight criticism of highly dangerous, rapidly evolving and fluid situations, and you have a recipe for career disaster. It was bad enough that one incident in your career would likely lead to termination or forced retirement. Now, one incident will likely lead to an officer being charged with murder, for example, over a textbook and easily justified shooting (...e.g...criminal points gun at officer, officer shoots criminal, it's all caught on camera and the criminal's gun was recovered at the scene, but the officer gets charged with murder. WTF?!?!).

I was told many years ago by older officers that they "felt for me and others who were just beginning their careers." They went on to state that the world was no longer friendly nor respectful towards law enforcement and that I/we'd have a very difficult time bridging the chasm. These officers also stated they would never have chosen to become cops in today's world. Fast forward many years and I finally understand what they meant. It isn't worth it, and I feel for those applying and trying to get hired in a world that becomes more unfriendly by the day.

Ultimately there will be people in uniform to carry the torch, but disenchantment awaits them. It's unfortunate because the vast majority of us enter this profession to do good things and protect innocent people. We are not flawless, but we are full of heart and we enjoy being of service. It's unfortunate that we are just pawns in a much larger scheme.
I agree with everything you said my friend. The sad part is that what is happening is not what the vast majority of folks want but because of the actions of a small militant group who are supported by the MSM and virtue signalling politicians. Take care of yourself and those you work with. Stay safe.
Thank you Sir! I will definitely watch my back and the backs of my partners I work with. I've begun the countdown. I will be transferring to the courts or to the county hospital jail ward next summer. We are on a freeze currently due to the defund, but as soon as movement opens up I will be adding myself to the transfer list.
Don't sweat it. Can't speak for your communist state, but most of America supports you and your brothers in blue. Most Americans know your value and appreciate you guys and gals for it. We know the sacrifices you make while being underpaid. If it were up to me, I'd triple police funding instead of eliminating it.

Unfortunately, the people in charge only care about lining their pockets by remaining in office. I really hope everyone gets out and votes to preserve what we have left of our great country. If not, then all those who served and all those who continue to serve will be doing it in vain. And all those who sacrificed will have done it in vain.

I experienced something similar while in the army. Albeit it wasn't this severe.

However, maybe it's time to give those people what they want. You don't realize what you have until it's gone, right?
I agree 100%. Give them what they want and let them fend for themselves.
Appreciate 3
Murf99314114.00
paliknight2186.50
jmack548.50
      07-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #1084
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
You're a better "sheep dog" than that.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      07-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #1085
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
You're a better "sheep dog" than that.
I am, but it'll be out of my hands. It'll be policy disseminated down from those who run the department.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #1086
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's ok. When they call 911 they can get the new SWAT (Social Workers And Therapists) teams instead of LEOs.

And when the US gets invaded, they can just peacefully talk North Korea, Russia, or China out of colonizing the US.
Murf99314114.00
      07-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #1087
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
It's ok. When they call 911 they can get the new SWAT (Social Workers And Therapists) teams instead of LEOs.
Like this.....charlie foxtrot in the making.

St. Petersburg police chief, mayor announce new team to respond to non-violent calls

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...ine-department

Instead of sending a police officer, a CAL member will respond to the following issues:

Disorderly intoxication
Drug overdoes
Intoxicated person
Mental health crisis
Suicide crisis
Mental health transport
Disorderly juvenile/ truancy
Disorderly juvenile at elementary schools
Panhandling
Homeless complaints
Neighborhood dispute
      07-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #1088
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Quote:

St. Petersburg police chief, mayor announce new team to respond to non-violent calls

Instead of sending a police officer, a CAL member will respond to the following issues:

Disorderly intoxication
Drug overdoes
Intoxicated person
Mental health crisis
Suicide crisis
Mental health transport
Panhandling
Homeless complaints
Neighborhood dispute
      07-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #1089
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
It's ok. When they call 911 they can get the new SWAT (Social Workers And Therapists) teams instead of LEOs...
Wait

You mean you aren’t just a glorified social worker and therapist already as an officer over in the US and being dispatched to ‘he/she said this horrible thing on Facebook to me” complaints...
scostu1619.50
      07-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #1090
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Disorderly intoxication
Drug overdoes
Intoxicated person
Mental health crisis
Suicide crisis
Mental health transport
Panhandling
Homeless complaints
Neighborhood dispute
This is going to end very badly.
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      07-13-2020, 06:27 PM   #1091
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

why do so many lessons have to be learned the hard way?
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      07-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #1092
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
why do so many lessons have to be learned the hard way?
That's a good question. A small isolated island is looking very attractive right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #1093
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Social worker gets attacked and then PD has to send 3-6 LEO's to fix the mess that .......if 1 original LEO had been dispatched ....would have been solved.
      07-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #1094
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Social worker gets attacked and then PD has to send 3-6 LEO's to fix the mess that .......if 1 original LEO had been dispatched ....would have been solved.
Exactly! ....and said SW will be suing for injuries sustained because [insert department here] sent her into a dangerous situation without any protection. It'll be circular and we'll all be saying, "We told ya so!"
Appreciate 3
scostu1619.50
vreihen1614906.00
Murf99314114.00
      07-13-2020, 08:36 PM   #1095
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

I live outside of Seattle relatively (but still watch the news) and I see all the dumb shit going on. Defund the police? Really? REALLY? They were already defunded you stupid motherfuckers. I really appreciate what the police do every day risking their lives for complete strangers when it comes to public safety.

Let any one of these stupid ass hippies put their life on the line for someone else and see what they do...
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24829.00
paliknight2186.50
Murf99314114.00
      07-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #1096
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
I live outside of Seattle relatively (but still watch the news) and I see all the dumb shit going on. Defund the police? Really? REALLY? They were already defunded you stupid motherfuckers. I really appreciate what the police do every day risking their lives for complete strangers when it comes to public safety.

Let any one of these stupid ass hippies put their life on the line for someone else and see what they do...
I used to frequent Seattle often (...I dated a woman in Green Lake for about 6 months the end of 2018 into 2019). While there, I regularly spoke with LEO's from the Port Police. They would tell me how Seattle P.D. was a wreck and how the department was dealing with a lot of attrition due to the lack of support. They stated that King County Sheriff was a better option than Seattle P.D. as well. Was Seattle P.D. defunded?
Appreciate 2
paliknight2186.50
Murf99314114.00
      07-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #1097
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Have you ever got a chick number while on job
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #1098
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
In the world of hidden cameras and YouTube, I wouldn't chance it. It's just too risky.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
      07-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #1099
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Quote:
In the world of hidden cameras and YouTube, I wouldn't chance it. It's just too risky.
Damn.

I always have this reoccurring dream that I'm a cop and just slinging dick left and right. Pulling cuties over and they try to seduce me to get out of a ticket. I was trying to live vicariously through you, but is a no go.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      07-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #1100
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Damn.

I always have this reoccurring dream that I'm a cop and just slinging dick left and right. Pulling cuties over and they try to seduce me to get out of a ticket. I was trying to live vicariously through you, but is a no go.

Maybe 7 years ago.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with the casual/consensual encounter in a Starbucks that results in the acquisition of a phone number.
Appreciate 2
paliknight2186.50
Murf99314114.00