ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-22-2022, 07:45 PM   #353
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I think that's why it was even more disappointing. If Mercedes was more competitive, I would understand the whole live-to-fight-another-day mind set but Mercedes literally has nothing to lose and everything to gain whether it's points or track/vehicle data. So what you blow up a PU, not like that's really going to set you back any further.
Maybe they really believe they still have hope, idk. I think merc will be able to compete for wins this season now that they solved the w13. But they won't be competing for the championships.
      05-22-2022, 07:52 PM   #354
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
I think that's why it was even more disappointing. If Mercedes was more competitive, I would understand the whole live-to-fight-another-day mind set but Mercedes literally has nothing to lose and everything to gain whether it's points or track/vehicle data. So what you blow up a PU, not like that's really going to set you back any further.
Maybe they really believe they still have hope, idk. I think merc will be able to compete for wins this season now that they solved the w13. But they won't be competing for the championships.
I agree. I still expect them to reach/compete for podiums/wins but championships is likely out of reach. But makes me optimistic that they will be right back battling with Red Bull next year.

I want it badly for LEC but Ferrari is slowly returning back to their old ways from last few seasons.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2022, 08:04 PM   #355
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I see Lewis and Toto saying they could have won if he hadn’t had contact on first lap.
'Hadn't this, hadn't that'. Hadn't Verstappen encountered DNF engine issues in Bahrain (lap 54/57) and Australia (lap 38/58), his lead in the WDC would have been even more dominant by now.

'Hadn't this, hadn't that'. The Merc W13 engines were overheating in Barcelona as the race moved on. Russell and Hamilton could have ended like Leclerc: DNF. In the final stages of the race the team repeatedly asked both drivers to "lift and coast" ("PU is getting hot", "this is a DNF risk", "50% max load", "critical").

With P5, Hamilton took his third top-5 finish of the season, but it marked the end of his streak of five consecutive race wins in Barcelona.
      05-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #356
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
I agree. I still expect them to reach/compete for podiums/wins but championships is likely out of reach. But makes me optimistic that they will be right back battling with Red Bull next year.

I want it badly for LEC but Ferrari is slowly returning back to their old ways from last few seasons.
Yep, Ferrari is back to being Ferrari
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2022, 08:18 PM   #357
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I see Lewis and Toto saying they could have won if he hadn’t had contact on first lap.

Is there data to back that up? Because Charles was driving off into distance in first 10 laps, Russell down over 9sec(0.9sec per lap down in race pace).

Seems like hopium from Toto/Lewis.
Quote:
I think it's a very loose extrapolation given where HAM was and where he finished the race. It's just time-based math. Of course shoulda, coulda, woulda, but given the time he made up, it's not completely far fetched to believe that HAM could have challenged for at least a podium if not P1.
Toto is very experienced with managing Hamilton’s ego. He knows his driver is extrinsically motivated, so he must say such things to protect the asset.

Hamilton was slower than Max (DRS failure with floor damage), Ch3co, both F cars (before the retirement and Sainz floor damage) and Russell (after removing Hamilton track limit laps).

Norris had better pace than what was reflected.

Sainz is looking like a first year driver at a new team driver.

Last edited by Bubbles; 05-22-2022 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2022, 08:19 PM   #358
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
On board still shows quite a bit of bouncing on the straights. You can actually hear the bouncing.
      05-22-2022, 08:33 PM   #359
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

///M Power-Belgium Bro, congrats but your boy VER is killing me
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2022, 08:38 PM   #360
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
On board still shows quite a bit of bouncing on the straights. You can actually hear the bouncing.
It's the same on the Ferrari too.

But the important part is it's no longer costing them performance (well it's still a bit costly in some corners), and the intensity is much less than before. I'm sure it'll get better as they refine the floor some more.
irunalot1515.50
      05-22-2022, 08:44 PM   #361
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
It's the same on the Ferrari too.

But the important part is it's no longer costing them performance (well it's still a bit costly in some corners), and the intensity is much less than before. I'm sure it'll get better as they refine the floor some more.
Agreed. All teams are still dealing with porpoising, some are just porpoising worse than others.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 10:10 PM   #362
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I think the DNF for LEC is more of a one time only.
The ferrari PU is pretty reliable, they have 6 cars out there and their PU's don't die by the dozen so I don't think there are major structural problems.

Chances are the ferrari's will be very quick in monaco. Lots of slow corners.
My guess it'll be
1. lec
2. ver
3. sai
4. per
5. rus
6. nor
7. ham
8. bot
9. alo
10. kmag

If all of them finish of course. In Monaco that's a big IF...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      05-22-2022, 10:20 PM   #363
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think the DNF for LEC is more of a one time only.
The ferrari PU is pretty reliable, they have 6 cars out there and their PU's don't die by the dozen so I don't think there are major structural problems.

Chances are the ferrari's will be very quick in monaco. Lots of slow corners.
My guess it'll be
1. lec
2. ver
3. sai
4. per
5. rus
6. nor
7. ham
8. bot
9. alo
10. kmag

If all of them finish of course. In Monaco that's a big IF...
You're ranking Sainz too high imo, and the Mercedes has improved alot. I'll probably make a prediction this time and it's quite similar to yours (unless tte Monaco curse returns and Charles DNF's):

1. lec
2. ver
3. Per
4. Rus
5. Ham
6. Sainz
7. Nor
8. bot
9. alo
10. kmag

We saw today Lewis had near redbull level race pace (I believe it was even better than George's pace) and sainz was nowhere near a match for Lewis in the w13, the only thing that held him back was fuel and over heating.

Norris shouldn't even be up that high, the w13 is far clear of the mid field now. I'm tempted to put the two Mercedes above Perez but he's doing very well this season and the redbull's are solid.
irunalot1515.50
      05-22-2022, 10:36 PM   #364
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
You're ranking Sainz too high imo,
You want to be proven wrong a 2nd time?

Lets see what it'll be next sunday. I think the ferrari's will be quick on the monaco street circuit, I think it will suit the car. I only rate Max higher than SAI because he's such a good driver and RB's strategy is the best.

Predictions are predictions, anything can happen.

That your top 10 has exactly the same drivers as my top10 has, says a lot

For this race I had:

predicted - actual
1. VER - VER
2. PER - PER
3. LEC - RUS
4. SAI - SAI
5. RUS - HAM
6. BOT - BOT
7. NOR - OCO
8. HAM - NOR
9. GAS - ALO
10. ALB - TSU

top10 drivers: 7/10
top10 actual places: 4/10
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-22-2022 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
      05-22-2022, 10:46 PM   #365
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

RBR fuel and DRS concerns

According to the FIA, Red Bull struggled with low fuel temperatures. The limit is 10C below the outside temperature, Red Bull fuel was 25C degrees below and only reached the required value shortly before leaving the pits. In Miami, the fuel temp limit was fixed limit of 18C. But apparently Ferrari vetoed this limit because the Mercs and Honda PU are said to not tolerate the warm fuel as well as the engines from Maranello.

The teams do not agree on when it is illegal to use fuel that is too cool. The rules say: "When the car is in use". So when the car is used. Aston believes this moment with stepping out of the garage. Ferrari sees the fact that the car is being used as soon as the engines are started.

Max’s DRS was a new prototype that weighed less than Checo’s. It failed.

Russell was moving a bit in the braking zone on both Checo and Max. This will likely be less tolerated in the future.

Last edited by Bubbles; 05-22-2022 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
      05-22-2022, 10:48 PM   #366
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Max’s DRS was a new prototype
ouch...
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2022, 11:50 PM   #367
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yep, Ferrari is back to being Ferrari
It was only a matter of time. Usually it is a pit stop issue or wrong strategy call. Some how they always eventually F up.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2022, 12:00 AM   #368
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
You want to be proven wrong a 2nd time?

Lets see what it'll be next sunday. I think the ferrari's will be quick on the monaco street circuit, I think it will suit the car. I only rate Max higher than SAI because he's such a good driver and RB's strategy is the best.

Predictions are predictions, anything can happen.

That your top 10 has exactly the same drivers as my top10 has, says a lot

For this race I had:

predicted - actual
1. VER - VER
2. PER - PER
3. LEC - RUS
4. SAI - SAI
5. RUS - HAM
6. BOT - BOT
7. NOR - OCO
8. HAM - NOR
9. GAS - ALO
10. ALB - TSU

top10 drivers: 7/10
top10 actual places: 4/10
Well for the top 10, 60% of then are essentially guaranteed so it's not that special of a guess.
irunalot1515.50
      05-23-2022, 02:07 AM   #369
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Crumbs.. Monaco will be here like tomorrow and the 1 car's DRS has to be sorted or it's back to the original one which would be prudent.
So will Merc replace both PU's again because of any potential overheating damage and what's going to happen with Lec's..just a new turbo or another PU?
Sainz is getting stick but at least he bagged a few more points by keeping going and edging out HAM's failing jalopy, real shame Val couldn't quite catch up and nab those 10 points for Alfa.
I can possibly see some grid drops in the making at the rich man's haven.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2022, 02:14 AM   #370
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Here is the barcelona speed trap that was available on f1i:

It looks like with the new pu the mercedes is alot faster than before. I am not sure if Hamilton got a tow or something because he was alot faster than George. It could also be setup.
irunalot1515.50
      05-23-2022, 02:19 AM   #371
M5Rick
General
Rep

Predicts for Monaco
Max
Checo
Fernie
Sai
Russ
Ham
Lec
Monaco always a coin throw in a way but if Fernie's Laguna works as it should then you know he won't let anybody past.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
      05-23-2022, 02:47 AM   #372
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
so it's not that special of a guess.
I'm not saying it is

However critisizing someones guess where you've never guessed yourself.....meh.

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-23-2022 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
      05-23-2022, 04:49 AM   #373
M5Rick
General
Rep

Just read Ferrari haven't a clue what the exact cause is for the 16 cars power loss so they are completely stripping down the unit to identify the cause.. they haven't long before the next race.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2022, 05:10 AM   #374
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Thank you my friend . I really appreciate your kind words !

Honestly . Too bad for Ferrari . Wanted to see a fight with Charlie in the front .
But as you know : MAX got also 2 DNF .
Ferrari has to figure it out ASAP . Think they pushed the PU power over the top.

Up to 'Monaco ...Hope Charlie can stay out of the wall there !

One thing is for sure : This season Isn't over yet ...

Can't wait ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-23-2022 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58876.50
irunalot1515.50
DrFerry6722.50