ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #529
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend , but if it happens again ...Then Pirelli is in deep , deep 5H1T !
Who will pay the damaged car ?
Or when a driver is badly wounded by a crash caused by the Pirelli's ?

Hello Pirelli ?!?!
Be interesting to read the insurance but I think the normal 'all risks' team insurance plays the part as pirelli are not responsible from their side as we can see them distancing from taking liability should the worst happen as ''adverse racing risks'' probably not covered and almost certainly written in the tyre supply contract.
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #530
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my friend , but if it happens again ...Then Pirelli is in deep , deep 5H1T !
Who will pay the damaged car ?
Or when a driver is badly wounded by a crash caused by the Pirelli's ?

Hello Pirelli ?!?!
OT. Got to replace the cigarette lighter 20A fuse as r/detector and dash cam inoperative...
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #531
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Look how respectful and insightful all those comments on the article are. Amazing.
I especially like this part, "23-year-old Russell for sure will not be going to be number two when he partners Hamilton at Mercedes in 2022, and thus will bring a totally different dynamic to the team as well as a potential management headache for Wolff that could make the Nico Rosberg v Lewis Hamilton seem like a family picnic."

Star Wars 2.0 but better and hopefully entertaining
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
GuidoK10473.00
      06-16-2021, 01:26 PM   #532
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I especially like this part, "23-year-old Russell for sure will not be going to be number two when he partners Hamilton at Mercedes in 2022, and thus will bring a totally different dynamic to the team as well as a potential management headache for Wolff that could make the Nico Rosberg v Lewis Hamilton seem like a family picnic."

GR to replace VB
LN to replace LH when he eventually retires. Now thats the power team right there.

Lando and George at Merc
Carlos and Charles at Ferrari
Max and Pierre at RBR.

Now we are talking!
Appreciate 2
EdM53854.50
      06-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #533
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

No way my friend . "If it happens" The Russell boy can get a Mercedes contract with restrictions ordered by 7Hammy ...

In other words : The Russell boy is only allowed to win a race "IF" 7Hammy gets a DNF !

Ask Bottas ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
GuidoK10473.00
      06-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #534
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
No way my friend . "If it happens" The Russell boy can get a Mercedes contract with restrictions ordered by 7Hammy ...
This post has been marked false or unverified.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 02:06 PM   #535
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Really ?
Just watch Drive To Survive , and hear what Bottas said ...At that moment Bottas was ready to leave Mercedes ASAP !
Bottas is always been treated like a F* joke at Mercedes ...

Hopefully , the day will come that he 'can speak !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58907.50
      06-16-2021, 02:42 PM   #536
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Really ?
Just watch Drive To Survive , and hear what Bottas said ...At that moment Bottas was ready to leave Mercedes ASAP !

Write a book lol but honestly I hope he remains at Merc as Russ would tell Tots to stuff it being lap dog to hammy
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #537
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Really ?

You can also watch D2S and find out that Carlos and Lando secretly hate each other!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #538
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
You can also watch D2S and find out that Carlos and Lando secretly hate each other!
That’s not what I gathered. I saw the relationship dynamic become that of mutual respect and competitive nature. That doesn’t translate to hate.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #539
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Write a book lol but honestly I hope he remains at Merc as Russ would tell Tots to stuff it being lap dog to hammy
I'm convinced Bottas can write a 'thick book from his career at Mercedes ...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
      06-16-2021, 03:26 PM   #540
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm convinced Bottas can write a 'thick book from his career at Mercedes ...
''Watch it tots..I want a good pay off or more wins or else'
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2021, 03:30 PM   #541
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
As you said : Marked false or unverified ..

Why wouldn't Mercedes register the (a) clause in the Russell boy's contract ?
As you can see this ....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58907.50
      06-16-2021, 11:04 PM   #542
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:

Quote:

In other words : The Russell boy is only allowed to win a race "IF" 7Hammy gets a DNF !

Ask Bottas ...
Russell will have his work cut out for him with hammys ability to pour honey into his teammates ears.

Russell can quickly turn into Bottas v4.
      06-17-2021, 02:23 AM   #543
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
He has been driving like a joke, mid pack in the best all around car on the grid.

Russel should have been in that seat this year. Mercedes would be leading the constructor championship.
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2021, 03:59 AM   #544
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ It's suspected there is a handling deficiency in BOT's car even more so after it was rebuilt and it seems set up info is not being passed on from car 44's engineers.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #545
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Russell will have his work cut out for him with hammys ability to pour honey into his teammates ears.

Russell can quickly turn into Bottas v4.
I doubt it. MB shouldn't undermine RUS like they do BOT. HAM isn't getting any younger and MB needs to find out if RUS can become their next #1.

But HAM is SELFISH and I highly doubt he will help or mentor RUS. Kid is on his own to prove it.

Lastest rumor is HAM's next contract will be a team friendly deal a' la Tom Brady (American Football). Pay cut to help MB but laden with performance incentives.

HAM has plenty of money. He should bet on his personal performance and give MB more financial resources to provide the best car possible. Seems like a win win solution for HAM and MB for more championships.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
      06-17-2021, 10:03 AM   #546
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I doubt it. MB shouldn't undermine RUS like they do BOT. HAM isn't getting any younger and MB needs to find out if RUS can become their next #1.

But HAM is SELFISH and I highly doubt he will help or mentor RUS. Kid is on his own to prove it.

Lastest rumor is HAM's next contract will be a team friendly deal a' la Tom Brady (American Football). Pay cut to help MB but laden with performance incentives.

HAM has plenty of money. He should bet on his personal performance and give MB more financial resources to provide the best car possible. Seems like a win win solution for HAM and MB for more championships.
I’m the opposite of a Ham fan, but anyone that takes a paycut is displaying the ultimate act of humility. Honestly think on it for yourself, did you ever volunteer one? If someone told you that it was mandatory, you’d be on the job boards (I know you’re retired, proverbially using you.) if he in fact does it, everyone that dislikes him for his character (more than can admit with assumed racism…) may want to give him some credit. We shall see.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #547
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I’m the opposite of a Ham fan, but anyone that takes a paycut is displaying the ultimate act of humility. Honestly think on it for yourself, did you ever volunteer one? If someone told you that it was mandatory, you’d be on the job boards (I know you’re retired, proverbially using you.) if he in fact does it, everyone that dislikes him for his character (more than can admit with assumed racism…) may want to give him some credit. We shall see.
I don't think it's fair to compare my situation to HAM's...He has earned generational wealth which completely changes the decision making process.

Speaking for myself, should I have his net worth, I'd rather have more championships than money. So, I'd be happy to take a pay cut to benefit the team and get a better car. I also don't think the net result will be a pay cut. Remember it's less guaranteed money but MORE incentive payout.

I'm not trying to discredit HAM. Just the opposite, he is no where near washed up & can afford to bet on himself. In addition, the "Tom Brady" model which I suggested should provide incentive and motivation.

So would I take a flat out pay cut? No

Would I take a pay cut with performance cash incentives to enhance additional championship hopes? YES

In the end I don't think he will make less money. He could possibly make more via a different method.

It's still just a rumor also.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58907.50
      06-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #548
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to compare my situation to HAM's...He has earned generational wealth which completely changes the decision making process.

Speaking for myself, should I have his net worth, I'd rather have more championships than money. So, I'd be happy to take a pay cut to benefit the team and get a better car. I also don't think the net result will be a pay cut. Remember it's less guaranteed money but MORE incentive payout.

I'm not trying to discredit HAM. Just the opposite, he is no where near washed up & can afford to bet on himself. In addition, the "Tom Brady" model which I suggested should provide incentive and motivation.

So would I take a flat out pay cut? No

Would I take a pay cut with performance cash incentives to enhance additional championship hopes? YES

In the end I don't think he will make less money. He could possibly make more via a different method.

It's still just a rumor also.
By that logic virtually no one is comparable. Wages will always differ person to person within the same profession. I can’t imagine this is news to you. I also expected that response from you, quite truly. It’s dehumanizing someone to assume their wealth is the sole factor in a wage cut.

Last edited by fiveohwblow; 06-17-2021 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #549
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
but anyone that takes a paycut is displaying the ultimate act of humility.
I don't think taking a paycut is the 'ultimate act of humility' (I can think of some other acts that trump that)

And also it's probably not just a paycut. Something will be given in return (privileges)

HAM is not the posterboy for humility. For example when he tried to sue that watchcompany because it's also named Hamilton but was in business for about 100 years even before HAM was born. For me that's more a sign of severe megalomania.
Obviously the judge wasn't impressed and waved HAM goodbye...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50
      06-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #550
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
By that logic virtually no one is compatible. Wages will always differ person to person within the same profession. I can’t imagine this is news to you. I also expected that response from you, quite truly. It’s dehumanizing someone to assume their wealth is the sole factor in a wage cut.
OK, I officially don't get it!!!!

First, I'm not attacking HAM or saying MB is forcing him to take a pay cut!!! I'm saying it's a rumored option. It's his decision and I wouldn't fault him whichever path he takes.

Second, why is it dehumanizing to say someone with generational wealth has more options?

Lastly, please stop making assumptions about me because I'm not a HAM fan.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58907.50