ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-09-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
M-Zed-4
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver Z4 M Coupe

My M Coupe is DEAD Please Read

Hello,
Some of you might remember me from a while ago I previously owned one of the most beautiful cars ever created. The M coupe.

It was my magical unicorn haha, unlike anything I had ever owned. However I decided to make an irresponsible and irreversible mistake. I took it out one night on the canyon roads... tires cold + fog/mist = disaster. I was taking my first couple of turns when I realized the next corner was a long swooping left and I was coming in too hot to make it around. I immediately let off the gas and eased on the brakes so as not to make a panic stop and slide right off the road... It didn't work. on that specific turn there was dirt and the m just started to plow right off the side of the road. This is when I flew off the embankment and landed on the dirt. Of course the car continued to proceed forward, due to all the momentum and inertia of the car. As luck had it, there happened to be a 60 foot ravine in front of me. There was no where to go and I thought this would be the end of my life... What a way to go... I was 20 years old and this happened to be the first car in my life that I was able to lease on my own. as I hit the lip of the ravine I saw the short life, only 2 decades, I had lived in a flash (I know it sounds a little cliche but that is truly what happened). The car did not roll roll horizontally, instead once the car hit that lip the front end went straight down flipped vertically. The last thing I saw was the ground coming closer until impact occurred at which point the car landed on the roof. With just me in the car on a dark road which no one travels the adrenaline pumping through my body was unbelievable. I immediately took off my seat belt, kicked the passenger window out and climbed out of the car. It was at that point that I realized I was still alive. It was then that the car called an emergency dispatcher and while the car was upside down I was next to it trying to explain where I was... The car was totaled and my heart was beating an unbearable rate and consuming the silence with an unappreciated noise that even today I will never forget.

I guess you can look at this situation from 2 different opinions. one being that the car is responsible for doing this too me. Which is true in a way. However I was the one who was supposed to be in control of the vehicle and I am the one who decided to go on that road in the first place. Or you could make the assertion that the car in fact saved my life. I should have been dead or worse paralyzed and a vegetable. But as it turns out there was not a broken bone in my body. I had a bruise from the seat belt and a couple of cuts on my hands from squeezing out of the passenger window. That was it. This experience has taught me a lot. I still speed but i am cautious as to where I do it. My mentality was always, "That will never happen to me, those people are idiots. They f*%$#d up, but I wont." That's not true, and it will happen to you if you don't pay attention and use your head. Discernible thinking is what differentiates us from all other animals, therefore we should use it to our advantage... Anyways I'm done ranting and I hope someone will listen to this message, even one is better than none.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Holy crap, glad you are okay. The state of your M is probably the worst I have ever seen. Go BMW safety, it saved your life! So what happens when you total a leased car? What are you going to get next?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Chris04Z4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 Roadster 3.0i

kinda looks like a ferrari now ...... glad your ok!!
      10-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

lucky boy!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
DerekSelmanRacing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0 SMG, 01 530

Glad to see your alright man, but wow that looks like it would have been a wild ride!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

lemme get your driver side headlight?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

This thread will be huge... And glad you are alive and well. Car is ruined, but it's a machine and is replaceable. Your life is not, so let this be a lesson to you and to everybody on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Was this in BMW Magazine this month?
      12-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
thinking of different car, i think it was a female driver who owned a z4 vert.
      12-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
Speedtronix714
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Pinto

I nominate your car as the z4 of the month. Glad to see your ok dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Dibs on your steering wheel, lighted knob, and seats if they're intact :P

Just kidding, not really, but glad to see you made it out alive. Its not the Ultimate Driving Machine just because BMWs perform amazingly but they also have great safety features. Learn from the experience; cold tires + mist/fog = disaster. I experience first hand cold tires + 40 degree morning = disaster in my old E46.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 02:42 AM   #12
lilherc79
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MC_E86/750Li_E66

Glad you are ok. The car can eventually be replaced. But the lesson is learned!

Besafe from now on!
      12-11-2008, 05:35 AM   #13
E91_E88_E21
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91 m-sport, E88 m-sport

sad of the broken car. glad your ok.

sometimes shit fly up instead of down. a german proverb which i translate with my bad english.

this is way i choose a 200HP car instead of 343HP
serious i do a bmw driver trainig every 2-3 years. yes i know this is now guarantee prevent people from crashing but it helps to make streets safer.

this is my advice
      12-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
endy
Jeremy Lin's Cousin
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 ML350BTC, 08 E90 M3

i'm so glad you were okay, by the look of the pictures.. did you sprain anything? wow. amazing.

but yeah.. usually these accidents happen when we're 16, when we first get our license, etc. a lot of times when we do these things, our emotions get in our way and we want to take a nice drive and "drive" it off. i got into my first accident when i was 16 taking a huge right turn.. but then looking back at it, it wasn't that big. i totalled my car, but it wasn't as big as yours, but the effect it had on me was as big as yours.

so yeah man.. we're pretty sure how you feel. you'll probably be bashed on for being irresponsible, etc. reckless. but these things help us become better people.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
mcoupe pwer
Registered
Rep
Drives: d

LOL. maybe if you didnt wear that gay beanie cap on your head so tight and DIDNT let off the gas going "hot" into a corner you would of saved your dignity.

dont let mommy and daddy buy you a new car for more darwinism

next time find a nice big tree and leave
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
Jshkrauss
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Zed-4 View Post
It was my magical unicorn
Seriously?
Quote:
I guess you can look at this situation from 2 different opinions. one being that the car is responsible for doing this too me. Which is true in a way.
in no way is that remotely true.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #17
BFCOTFTW!
i can haz fail?
Rep
Drives: TIS HAWT!

OMG! this is tragic, i thank god you and the car both made it out without a scratch, thats quite the squabble you had. i can't believe you accidently the whole z4 man. well atleast you now have another chapter for your novel
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

sweet one less Z4 on the road. It looks much better now. Also its not the cars fault you were driving too fast for the conditions.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #19
gsmooth
Rep
Drives: not rolled over and destroyed

How is this the car's fault at all?

Time for a bus pass.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
Silverbeam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

You messed up when you bought the car man. If you don't even know that the mistake you made was lifting in a corner, thus upsetting the balance of the car, then it is obviously way too much car for you. The car didn't do anything wrong. The car did everything right by protecting you.

It really sucks for you that you learned the hard way, but the lesson you should take away from this is that you should not be in a car with 340hp. You need some time on the track so that you can understand car control. Don't take it personally. People aren't born knowing how to drive well, they learn it. And they learn it through experience, which includes mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #21
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

wow, lucky you did not get hurt.

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #22
izzy
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
You messed up when you bought the car man. If you don't even know that the mistake you made was lifting in a corner, thus upsetting the balance of the car, then it is obviously way too much car for you. The car didn't do anything wrong. The car did everything right by protecting you.

It really sucks for you that you learned the hard way, but the lesson you should take away from this is that you should not be in a car with 340hp. You need some time on the track so that you can understand car control. Don't take it personally. People aren't born knowing how to drive well, they learn it. And they learn it through experience, which includes mistakes.
I think all drives should get to know their new cars well before playing around with them. Is there any good video on Advance driving for rear wheel drive cars?
Appreciate 0