ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #23
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I thought they might. The clear bra seems to be the thing to do...i'll look into it if this whole dealer trade-in thing pans out...
Clear bras are definitely a great idea especially if you do a lot of highway driving. Make sure you find a good installer and go with a quality kit that doesn't yellow over time.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

I've used a paint pen on my car, but you have to keep building up the layers of paint. Don't sit in the sun and drink beer while doing this. Just not a good idea. I ended up doing a rather deep one over several weekends, just building it up a layer at a time.

As for alloy refurbing, I had one from Audiworld that I can't find anymore. The guy sanded everything down, used bondo to fill it in, sanded, filled a bit more and sanded more, then painted and they came out great. Helps to have the tire off the rim first tho.
      08-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #25
Ray33
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3

Whats the point of clear bra - you can see it a mile off and it looks awful. So you get a few stone chips thats life...better than a load of plastic stuck to the front of your car.
Appreciate 0