ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #45
E85 Sport
who is this noob
Rep
Drives: from Spartanburg

Checking back in kind of late. Car is treating me very well - except for the sticky steering issue which is a much bigger problem than I realized.

I've been fighting with BMWNA to replace the rack at their expense. They insist I pay labor -- which I think is absurd. They want me to sign a non-disclosure agreement and send me an updated rack. The whole situation is really lame.

Anyway, the car is great fun when the steering works. I've picked up some new detailing supplies to keep the soft top looking good. I never actually use the Sport button.

Tonight I noticed some condensation insight the headlight assemblies. It rained a couple days ago. I'm going to search the forum to see if there's a common DIY to fix.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #46
bbiess
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I spent about 3 hours last weekend with a clay bar, meguire's polish, wolfgang paint sealant and my Porter Cable polisher and my paint looks like new. Hell, maybe even better than new. The shine is like nothing I've ever experienced before and the entire surface of the car is silky smooth.

It's well worth the investment of both time and money.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #47
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

3.0i

I just traded mine in to Jim Burke automotive in Birmingham AL. Should be able to get it for a decent price and it was mint inside and out. Just came off the maintinance and warranty plan.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #48
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s3.0i 6MT

I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago. 2003, Maldives Blue, 3.0, 6speed, Sport Package, 45,000mi, clean carfox, full service records from local dealer, perfect condition, (well, will need vc gasket and a little underbody shielding)garage kept, no accidents, private party purchase, $14k. It is the best $14k I've ever spent.

Tomorrow, the valve cover gasket will be done as well as the repair/replacement of parking damaged underbody shielding.

I found it on cargurus.com, saved a couple of thousand over anything close that local dealers might have had, and bought it from a pilot, gearhead, who lives in his garage.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #49
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E85 Sport View Post
Checking back in kind of late. Car is treating me very well....

Lets us see what you bought!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #50
E85 Sport
who is this noob
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
Lets us see what you bought!
Here's a cell phone snapshot from the park this afternoon.

Last edited by E85 Sport; 05-29-2013 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #51
E85 Sport
who is this noob
Rep

Update: Waited all summer to make this post. Happy to report, no more sticky steering! Why? Because he got a replacement (and updated) steering rack from BMW! They gouged him on the labor fees to install it () but the steering works properly now! ()

Also, we remedied the headlight condensation with fresh backing plates. While the assemblies were open, I used my hair dryer to make sure everything was dry.

These are fun little cars when they work properly!

Signed,
E85 Sport's girlfriend who did not sign any NDA
Appreciate 0