ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #45
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

I'd sure push for diminution of value. It's very likely the insurance company will deny your claim, but I wouldn't back down. If the incident does show up on Carfax or similar report, you can bet your bottom dollar your cars going to take a hit on value. Just try trading the car in the day after repairs are completed. Even if the repair is a quality job, if there is documentation reflecting there's been damage to it, do you think a dealer or most anyone wouldn't use that as a bargaining chip? Also, don't let the other insurance company direct you on where your vehicle will be repaired, and don't forget about a rental while your car is in the shop.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #46
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I hate people that are not aware of their surroundings. I had an Avalanche almost back over me when I was behind him on my motorcycle. Luckily I was not directly behind hime and was able to get my bike to the right side of his truck before getting hit!

Hope it all turns out well!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #47
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Update:

She's been in the shop for about a week now. After they removed the front bumper they found the radiator support had also been damaged in the accident which now needs to be replaced. Price? $1250!!!!!! He said they are going to have to disassemble the front end to replace it. Bummer. So now the total repair bill is up to about $3600 in damages. I should have her back mid to late next week.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #48
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
Update:

She's been in the shop for about a week now. After they removed the front bumper they found the radiator support had also been damaged in the accident which now needs to be replaced. Price? $1250!!!!!! He said they are going to have to disassemble the front end to replace it. Bummer. So now the total repair bill is up to about $3600 in damages. I should have her back mid to late next week.
For all this major work, you might as well order the Aero sideskirts on your dim and have them paint/install it since it really shouldn't cost much more.
      01-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #49
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

talked to the shop today and they said they'll have it ready by early next week. it's been a long two weeks. miss my car.
Appreciate 0