ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-05-2022, 11:13 AM   #23
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

things only become a disorder when the interfere with your daily life and relationships. unless you are falling behind at work, having panic attacks, or destroying relationships due to what you call "ocd" is not a disorder
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13065.50
RickFLM411517.00
Maynard4096.00
      01-05-2022, 11:17 AM   #24
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
I do have ocd traits, but its not bad, small stuff, like the angle of things, they need to be perfectly perpendicular or parallel to its adjacent surfaces, stuff like that. Sometimes my wife pulls on the sheets so its lopsided, i have to wake up, get out of bed and pull them so they hang equally on either side of the bed, small stuff like that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      01-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Curious, those that actually have OCD, what are your symptoms? I suffer from unwanted thoughts (I still laugh and feel like everyone does this, but apparently not), cleanliness (I don't have the fear of contamination, I had the fear of taking a shot to the head), symmetry and the daily routine business. The aggression and reassurance are pretty low level conditions with me. I've learned to fight it. I intentionally leave certain things messy or cluttered to make myself accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
...and I thought that Sleeping with the Enemy was fiction??!!! I like labels out too, how else is one supposed to know what are the contents?

Hey, I'd rather have ppl like you vs those nasty hoarders shown on tv breaking countless health codes.
Funny that you mention Sleeping with the Enemy. That movie is how I describe my childhood. Julia's husband was exactly like my dad. Yes, I literally took beatings (close fisted), over the hand towels in my bathroom. This is the root cause of my OCD. I came by it honestly, it was beaten into me, literally.

I once had a girl accuse me of being gay because my home stays clean. I had to explain to her that because she is a slob doesn't mean I'm gay.

Also, paging Sedan_Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
I do have ocd traits, but its not bad, small stuff, like the angle of things, they need to be perfectly perpendicular or parallel to its adjacent surfaces, stuff like that. Sometimes my wife pulls on the sheets so its lopsided, i have to wake up, get out of bed and pull them so they hang equally on either side of the bed, small stuff like that.
Yes! This man has OCD. Checking locks twice is just being responsible. I have made myself late for work and appointments because I saw something that irked me and I had to make it right before I did anything else.

Last edited by King Rudi; 01-05-2022 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #26
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Funny that you mention Sleeping with the Enemy. That movie is how I describe my childhood. Julia's husband was exactly like my dad. Yes, I literally took beatings (close fisted), over the hand towels in my bathroom. This is the root cause of my OCD. I came by it honestly, it was beaten into me, literally.

I once had a girl accuse me of being gay because my home stays clean. I had to explain to her that because she is a slob doesn't mean I'm gay.

Also, paging Sedan_Clan

Yes! This man has OCD. Checking locks twice is just being responsible. I have made myself late for work and appointments because I saw something that irked me and I had to make it right before I did anything else.
Oh crap, didn't mean to bring up bad childhood memories, my bad. At least you only took the good parts of your dad (being a neat freak is not a prb in my books).
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      01-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #27
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Oh crap, didn't mean to bring up bad childhood memories, my bad. At least you only took the good parts of your dad (being a neat freak is not a prb in my books).
You're good man.

I don't view it as bad childhood memories, just childhood memories. Slaves don't realize they are slaves, type mentality. People live their life's thinking what they experience is normal and everyone else is experiencing the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #28
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Curious, those that actually have OCD, what are your symptoms?
I start off every morning with a can of Starbucks Double Shot espresso. It HAS to be the first thing I consume that day, or something bad will happen. Also, I move it from the fridge to the freezer for at LEAST one second, and the label has to be facing perfectly outward for that 'one Mississippi' that the can is in the freezer. I have to shut the door while it's in the freezer, or else the time in the freezer is invalid. Also, nothing else can occupy the same shelf as my canned coffee drinks in the fridge, or else they will not have as much 'power' as they should. If I don't do all of these things, I will have a shit day.

I cannot get into bed without having showered first. If I shower, then have to exit my house, that shower is now potentially 'tainted' and I'll have to take another one or else I won't be able to sleep and something bad will happen the next day.

These are two that come to mind.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
upstatedoc7527.50
      01-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #29
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I cannot get into bed without having showered first. If I shower, then have to exit my house, that shower is now potentially 'tainted' and I'll have to take another one or else I won't be able to sleep and something bad will happen the next day.
That's actually good practice to ensure max cleanliness, I would do it too if it wasn't so impractical, i.e. ideally shower in morning to present my best to the world and shower before retire to bed (or upon returning home) to get rid of any dirt/etc from the outside world.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      01-05-2022, 06:37 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
Curious, those that actually have OCD, what are your symptoms?
I start off every morning with a can of Starbucks Double Shot espresso. It HAS to be the first thing I consume that day, or something bad will happen. Also, I move it from the fridge to the freezer for at LEAST one second, and the label has to be facing perfectly outward for that 'one Mississippi' that the can is in the freezer. I have to shut the door while it's in the freezer, or else the time in the freezer is invalid. Also, nothing else can occupy the same shelf as my canned coffee drinks in the fridge, or else they will not have as much 'power' as they should. If I don't do all of these things, I will have a shit day.

These are two that come to mind.
You most definitely have it. I have a few absolute musts in routines. Coffee, first thing, no exceptions. I'm bad about the cleanliness too. I take at least 2 showers a day, first is right after coffee; the second is immediately after the gym. If yard work or anything nasty work-related is done, its a shower right after as well. I brush my teeth a lot also, usually 4-6 times a day. I shave my head and I'll spend another 5-10 minutes after I'm finished clipoering it again to make sure I don't have any stray hairs.

I also never let my car get below 1/2 a tank.
Appreciate 0