ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #463
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Just back from BRIXTON and well ...I'll be back later after watching the highlights.
Heatwave on and doing a barbecue
Cheers my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #464
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

last minute dramas and stuff was a great race to watch..

well done to Hamilton and Merc' that sort things out clearly.. i clearly understand how team work really works on.. while watching other drivers onboard cameras, there were moments that engineers were talking on the corners.. but not between Bono and Hamilton.. perfect timing each time.. you dont really win this much without highly concentrated tons of people.. great drivers and team witnessing a history really..

felt bad for Ferraris and interestingly the contact happened when they were side to side already perfectly.. Vettel already lost few places before that corner and you start the race the further back you want to cover asap.. for second it was looking like a good attack since there were big gap to going to and sneak out.. didnt work.. cant understand how Ferrari struggles this much.. its great to see Leclerc take full responsibility not like a 4 times world champion blaming the TV helicopter, or the color of the grass on the mountains.. thats why Leclerc is a real champion material.. full support for him..

Red Bulls were looking down on race pace today and i guess its more like a reason why today wasnt that hot.. Mercs perform much better in cooler conditions.. Albon was a bit lost today which was a bit weird but he again made contact with someone.. Perez is not an aggressive overtaker.. wast a bit weird incident that was and again includes Albon..

im glad Stroll boy didnt crash into Ricciardo really.. there were moments that he was so hesitant and can cause him crash into Ric.. but i guess he made something humanish at least and didnt pass Perez on the finish line..

McLarens.. oh yeah those guys are on fire this year at least were on A1, and cant imagine the positive environment right now in the team.. Lando such a new generation super fast and sincere guy.. i guess all that online gaming pays of on such moments like this.. he so young but he s great in will to will battles.. no drama, no stress all good.. GG Lando!!!

and for after race part.. please and please someone take the interview area a bit further from the cars.. cant understand why they push for such a thing really.. those coolers make communication way too hard.. such and uncomfortable talks they re having in a moment we all want their feedback really.. and it was funny to watch Christian Horner passing by Hamilton like he was walking to the kitchen in the night to take some water while ceremony was ending..
      07-12-2020, 10:26 AM   #465
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Also wtf happened to Ricardo? Battling Stroll or off drivers, and loosing.
Brundle speculated on the broadcast he might have been instructed to turn the engine down (+ lift and coast) to prevent a double DNF.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 10:28 AM   #466
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Cheers my friend !
BBQ something for us!!!!
      07-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #467
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Rumors going on...
3th race in Austria (again) and not at the Hungaroring !

Not sure......

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #468
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Waaat why?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #469
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Waaat why?
I heard it from the comments while I watched the race .
They said it's not sure for the moment ....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #470
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
last minute dramas and stuff was a great race to watch..

well done to Hamilton and Merc' that sort things out clearly.. i clearly understand how team work really works on.. while watching other drivers onboard cameras, there were moments that engineers were talking on the corners.. but not between Bono and Hamilton.. perfect timing each time.. you dont really win this much without highly concentrated tons of people.. great drivers and team witnessing a history really..

felt bad for Ferraris and interestingly the contact happened when they were side to side already perfectly.. Vettel already lost few places before that corner and you start the race the further back you want to cover asap.. for second it was looking like a good attack since there were big gap to going to and sneak out.. didnt work.. cant understand how Ferrari struggles this much.. its great to see Leclerc take full responsibility not like a 4 times world champion blaming the TV helicopter, or the color of the grass on the mountains.. thats why Leclerc is a real champion material.. full support for him..

Red Bulls were looking down on race pace today and i guess its more like a reason why today wasnt that hot.. Mercs perform much better in cooler conditions.. Albon was a bit lost today which was a bit weird but he again made contact with someone.. Perez is not an aggressive overtaker.. wast a bit weird incident that was and again includes Albon..

im glad Stroll boy didnt crash into Ricciardo really.. there were moments that he was so hesitant and can cause him crash into Ric.. but i guess he made something humanish at least and didnt pass Perez on the finish line..

McLarens.. oh yeah those guys are on fire this year at least were on A1, and cant imagine the positive environment right now in the team.. Lando such a new generation super fast and sincere guy.. i guess all that online gaming pays of on such moments like this.. he so young but he s great in will to will battles.. no drama, no stress all good.. GG Lando!!!

and for after race part.. please and please someone take the interview area a bit further from the cars.. cant understand why they push for such a thing really.. those coolers make communication way too hard.. such and uncomfortable talks they re having in a moment we all want their feedback really.. and it was funny to watch Christian Horner passing by Hamilton like he was walking to the kitchen in the night to take some water while ceremony was ending..

A gap? Are you watching the same race? 😂 Do you know how the racing line is through T3 to say there was a gap? Or the big bump at the apex? Man some fans can be delusional sometimes 😂😂😂 that's what online racing did to Charlie boy.
Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2691.50
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #471
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
A gap? Are you watching the same race? �� Do you know how the racing line is through T3 to say there was a gap? Or the big bump at the apex? Man some fans can be delusional sometimes ������ that's what online racing did to Charlie boy.
The latest according "Napoleon LeCrash" : "Today I was a piece of 5H1T" !

I was thinking ...Only today ?

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #472
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:

Mr YCO doesn't really pay attention to track width and topography much like Lecrash. Arguing that Vettel crashed into Lecrash in Brazil not knowing that the track narrows on the right side at the marshal post in reta oposta and now thinks the far right going into T3 in Redbullring is a "gap" 😂😂😂 Hatred really makes you blind my friend.
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #473
msk340i
Major
Rep

Here is a picture of the track narrowing on the right side to justify Vettel leaning left when Lecrash steered right. This should settle the argument for good. Please don't give me any bullshit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2691.50
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #474
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Here is a picture of the track narrowing on the right side to justify Vettel leaning left when Lecrash steered right. This should settle the argument for good. Please don't give me any bullshit.
Mate . I couldn't agree more !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #475
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #476
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:

Hahahaha a gap! A GAP!!!! At least Vettel spun and avoided crashing into Sainz last week. Lecrash just went into his teammate.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #477
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
A gap? Are you watching the same race? �� Do you know how the racing line is through T3 to say there was a gap? Or the big bump at the apex? Man some fans can be delusional sometimes ������ that's what online racing did to Charlie boy.
a row behind was turning the same corner as 3 cars side to side as well.. in front with different order in 3 as well.. that was an optimistic attack Leclerc did which didnt work and he took the full responsibility like a real racer.. i cant understand you guys point.. he apologized and things are moving on already.. or if you guys just trying to cover up Vettel's last 2 years with this crash good luck with that..

Quote:
Hahahaha a gap! A GAP!!!! At least Vettel spun and avoided crashing into Sainz last week. Lecrash just went into his teammate.
pause at 0:05 and you can see the wide open door..

and he was already following the trail of the car in front.. so it wasnt a kamikaze dive.. a misfortunate action Leclerc took and he apologized already..

and Brazil's straight.. are you guys joking? he was getting away from the line towards left already when that crash happened.. there was a 1.5 car width gap on the right from Vettel.. track narrowing d be in discussion if Leclerc pushed him off the road and he didnt.. Vettel had more space than he ever needed before the crash and pushing Leclerc for more..

and above all.. if you guys dont like Leclerc, its your call of course and its a bit dreary cause he s one of the best out there on the grid and he ll keep beating 4 WDC Vettel until his last race in Ferrari.. you ll get used to him in following years anyways.. if not, it ll be a problem for you like Hamilton does for you guys.. cheers..

Last edited by yco; 07-12-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #478
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
a row behind was turning the same corner as 3 cars side to side as well.. in front with different order in 3 as well.. that was an optimistic attack Leclerc did which didnt work and he took the full responsibility like a real racer.. i cant understand you guys point.. he apologized and things are moving on already..
1) Yes a whole row was turning but the only one who crashed is Charlie boi. That point doesn't help your argument at all.
2) Attack from a real racer? Lol... In Destruction Derby maybe
3) he apologized to the team and said it wasn't Vettel's fault. He didn't apologize to Vettel for fucking up his race.

Regarding Brazil, when everything is moving at 180mph that constriction in the track comes to you pretty fast and you have to move ahead of it but Charlie boi probably forgot how the track goes like you forgot how T3's apex makes the car jump and like he forgot to brake today.

Last edited by msk340i; 07-12-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #479
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

"Red Bull "just too slow" to fight Mercedes" !

Max Verstappen says Red Bull is "a bit too slow", after being unable to stop Lewis Hamilton storming to victory in the Formula 1 Styrian Grand Prix.

The Dutchman had high hopes of being able to challenge pole position man Hamilton thanks to his front row start, but was never able to threaten the reigning world champion's Mercedes and eventually finished third.

Having sat around five seconds adrift for much of the afternoon, he dropped further away after picking up damage to his front wing end-plate after his pitstop.

This helped Hamilton's Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas to overhaul him late in the race, although Verstappen managed to briefly re-pass the Finn at Turn 6 when Bottas made his first attempt at a move at Turn 4.

Speaking after the race, Verstappen welcomed a podium finish after his retirement from last week's Austrian Grand Prix with an electrical fault in his power unit, but said the race had been "boring" due to the Red Bull's lack of pace relative to the Mercedes.

"I tried but we are a bit too slow," he said about his battle with Hamilton.

"I did what I could also when Valtteri passed me.

"I tried to make it a bit difficult, because he was anyway going to get by one lap later.

"But at least it was a bit fun because the race was boring.

"[The] podium was good but still a lot of work to do."

Verstappen explained that Red Bull is lagging behind Mercedes with both its chassis and engine, as he reckoned more work was needed if the team was going to close the gap.

"I was just pushing as hard as I could to stay with them, but clearly it is still not good enough," he said.

"The gap compared to the guys behind were massive, I was a bit shocked.

"I tried everything I could, but it's still not enough.

"To bounce back from zero points last week to a podium now is a good start, but I think as a team we want to win and we want to fight for the championship.

"If you want to fight for the championship of course you need to win races."

He added: "We need to look into it. I think we lose quite a bit on the straight as well, so it's a bit of both at the moment.

"We need to keep on working harder to try and close the gap."

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
yco5724.50
M5Rick59868.00
      07-12-2020, 01:53 PM   #480
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
BBQ something for us!!!!
Would love to but it's all gone Racerbruce my friend..we were very hungry.
Plenty of beer left tho!
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #481
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Are you a real racer yco?
      07-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #482
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Just saw it, I confirm Lecrash is mr.idiot of the GP,it was a suicide move and Coulthard using his imaginary 'racing incident' card again.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 02:05 PM   #483
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"Red Bull "just too slow" to fight Mercedes" !

Max Verstappen says Red Bull is "a bit too slow", after being unable to stop Lewis Hamilton storming to victory in the Formula 1 Styrian Grand Prix.

The Dutchman had high hopes of being able to challenge pole position man Hamilton thanks to his front row start, but was never able to threaten the reigning world champion's Mercedes and eventually finished third.

Having sat around five seconds adrift for much of the afternoon, he dropped further away after picking up damage to his front wing end-plate after his pitstop.

This helped Hamilton's Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas to overhaul him late in the race, although Verstappen managed to briefly re-pass the Finn at Turn 6 when Bottas made his first attempt at a move at Turn 4.

Speaking after the race, Verstappen welcomed a podium finish after his retirement from last week's Austrian Grand Prix with an electrical fault in his power unit, but said the race had been "boring" due to the Red Bull's lack of pace relative to the Mercedes.

"I tried but we are a bit too slow," he said about his battle with Hamilton.

"I did what I could also when Valtteri passed me.

"I tried to make it a bit difficult, because he was anyway going to get by one lap later.

"But at least it was a bit fun because the race was boring.

"[The] podium was good but still a lot of work to do."

Verstappen explained that Red Bull is lagging behind Mercedes with both its chassis and engine, as he reckoned more work was needed if the team was going to close the gap.

"I was just pushing as hard as I could to stay with them, but clearly it is still not good enough," he said.

"The gap compared to the guys behind were massive, I was a bit shocked.

"I tried everything I could, but it's still not enough.

"To bounce back from zero points last week to a podium now is a good start, but I think as a team we want to win and we want to fight for the championship.

"If you want to fight for the championship of course you need to win races."

He added: "We need to look into it. I think we lose quite a bit on the straight as well, so it's a bit of both at the moment.

"We need to keep on working harder to try and close the gap."

With what Christian was saying I'm sure soon that no.3 on Max's trophy will soon read 1st.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 02:13 PM   #484
M5Rick
General
Rep

That was fantastic from Max! Fighting Bottas denying him second until DAS advantage finally gets him through and Max saying drivability out of corners was getting worse. I guess the Merc brake disc unglazed itself
Not for nothing Max has the LION on his helmet.
Appreciate 1