ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #23
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Thanks! I added your cable to the first post. As you play with some coding, please post back. I'd like to start building up post 3 of 3 with confirmed options.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #24
vt100
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MC, '12 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderPhreak View Post
Just out of curiosity... Anybody try/get this to work with Windows running on a Mac through, say, Parallels or Fusion? Or Linux?
I have it running on older gen MacBook Pro through VMware Fusion. Have done few tests and calibrations using DIS.

PS: Tried Parallels also but couldn't manage to boot it up correctly.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, F80 M3CS

Just wanted to share an update from my recent experience:
1. This amazon cable works, there is a switch built in, set it all the way to the right. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Use the Bimmergeek Coding Tools, it did everything i needed, including a working "Manipulation" profile for NCS Expert. Works on mac with VMWare Fusion - Windows 10

3. Basically dug through numerous threads just to find out how to deactivate all amber light regardless off headlight switch position, and to only function as turn signals. Just wanted to throw this out here as there were so many combinations around. This worked for me.

ECU Module: LSZ.C36
PIN_20_37_ALS_PO = Set to nicht_aktiv
SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG = Set to nicht_aktiv
SIDEMARKER_US = Set to nicht_aktiv

Also managed to do M Dynamic Mode with just one change:
ECU Module: MK60
TDR = Set to Aktiv

Did a couple more, but the guide to them is easily available. Happy to share any specific ones if you reach out.

At the same time, i am still figuring out the following:
AMP Setting, Mirror Tilt in Reverse, Auto Unlock Doors when the engine is shut off.

If anyone has had success, please share!

Thanks OP for creating this thread.
Mandatory pic for being almost eggless! ��
Attached Images

Last edited by CSM3; 11-01-2019 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
Reborn_292.00
      11-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #26
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
1. This amazon cable works, there is a switch built in, set it all the way to the right. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Use the Bimmergeek Coding Tools, it did everything i needed, including a working "Manipulation" profile for NCS Expert. Works on mac with VMWare Fusion - Windows 10

3. Basically dug through numerous threads just to find out how to deactivate all amber light regardless off headlight switch position, and to only function as turn signals. Just wanted to throw this out here as there were so many combinations around. This worked for me.

TDR = Set to Aktiv

Did a couple more, but the guide to them is easily available. Happy to share any specific ones if you reach out.

AMP Setting, Mirror Tilt in Reverse, Auto Unlock Doors when the engine is shut off.

Details added to the appropriate posts (1-3). Thank you for sharing!

The ones you listed, are you asking for help with those? I'd also like help for auto unlock doors when engine is shut off, and even lock doors automatically (haven't gotten that to work).
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #27
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
Quote:
1. This amazon cable works, there is a switch built in, set it all the way to the right. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

TDR = Set to Aktiv

The ones you listed, are you asking for help with those? I'd also like help for auto unlock doors when engine is shut off, and even lock doors automatically (haven't gotten that to work).
Quote:
Quote:
1. This amazon cable works, there is a switch built in, set it all the way to the right. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

TDR = Set to Aktiv

Yes sorry I am not sure why that phrase asking for help went missing. I haven't been able to do those listed.

I can definitely help with auto lock. Basically you also need to code the key memory to auto lock. Will respond here with the specific modules shortly!

Thanks again for getting this started OP!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #28
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes sorry I am not sure why that phrase asking for help went missing. I haven't been able to do those listed.

I can definitely help with auto lock. Basically you also need to code the key memory to auto lock. Will respond here with the specific modules shortly!

Thanks again for getting this started OP!
A ha! I think I know all the modules, but would be good for you to corroborate. Could you also add how to code the key memory as well? I think that's the part I'm missing!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:15 PM   #29
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A ha! I think I know all the modules, but would be good for you to corroborate. Could you also add how to code the key memory as well? I think that's the part I'm missing!
Auto Lock after "X" MPH.
Module: GM5.C05
VERRIEGELN_AUT_AB_X_KMH: Select the speed you would like auto lock to happen

VERRIEGELN_XKM/H_SENDER 1: Select the option to auto lock, and do the same for Sender 2, 3 and 4. Basically this is the coding to tell the key to allow autolocking based on all the keys you might use to start/unlock your car.

VERRIEGELUNGSSCHWELLE: Set to Aktiv
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #30
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Couple more options i did:

1. One Click Unlock all Doors with remote:
Setting 1: FUNKTIONTUERSCHLOSS: Select the option for all doors
Setting 2: FERNBEDIENUNG_1: This is the memory setting of your car key, there are four of these, FERNBEDIENUNG 1, 2,3 and 4. All should be set to the option of all doors unlock.

2. Wipers complete cycle (When you shut off the engine, the wipers will complete their cycle and not just stop halfway on the windshield)
Setting: WISCHER_VOLLEND_KLR_AUS: Set to Aktiv

3. One touch indicators:
Module GM5.C05
Setting: CYCL_TI_BLK: Select 3
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #31
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Great guide Reborn_!
I got the cable with the built-in switch and it worked fine.
      11-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #32
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
If you upgrade your DRL angel eyes to LED, here's how you can disable warning lights.

1. Disable bulb monitor for Angel Eye DRL bulbs:
Module: LSZ
Setting 1: WARMUEBERWACHUNG_FL - HOT MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS set to nicht_aktiv - not enabled
Setting 2: KALTUEBERWACHUNG_FL - COLD MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS set to nicht_aktiv - not enabled

Last edited by bwright657; 05-28-2020 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Correct module for coding
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #33
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
You can just buy an el cheapo aliexpress/ebay cable for about $12 shipping included and save yourself 25 bucks
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975072256.html
Buy the one with the switch. Switch to one side for kkl (e85 chassis) and the other side for d-can (e89 etc)

Further more its not important to set the com port to com 1.
Just make sure that you set it to the same com port as in the obd.ini (in the ediabas bin directory). It can be any com number.
set the latency to 1 and the bps to the highest value.
For D-CAN cars it's worth getting the bimmergeeks cable. The default firmware on these cables have a firmware bug that causes some modules to brick. For the E85/6, it doesn't matter since it uses the K-bus anyway. You can flash the firmware yourself, but it's a bit of a pain since most of these cables don't have test points to reprogram the atmel chip.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:44 AM   #34
TRiCC
E86 M Coupe
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Well thanks reborn_ ! Going to attempt some of these coding soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #35
Polarbert
English Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I have a Carly which has been great to add some extra features, but I've really got to give this a go one day. There are things I want to do which Carly doesn't have the functionality for, such as turning off all the bloody amber lights on the front when the lights are on.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #36
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Sucks that none of the cable links are available right now. Either the link is dead or the item is NLA
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #37
Cyclops
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright657 View Post
If you upgrade your DRL angel eyes to LED, here's how you can disable warning lights.

1. Disable bulb monitor for Angel Eye DRL bulbs:
Setting 1: WARMUEBERWACHUNG_FL - HOT MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS set to nicht_aktiv - not enabled
Setting 2: KALTUEBERWACHUNG_FL - COLD MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS set to nicht_aktiv - not enabled
Wrong module, it's actually located in LSZ
2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning ////////////2009 328xi M-Tech E91 manual 6spd

- Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #38
g2096
Registered
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Sucks that none of the cable links are available right now. Either the link is dead or the item is NLA
I purchased this cable with the software https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-DIS-V44....c100005.m1851 for my 2008 3.0si and connects and works with everything with no issues. If you're just looking for the cable only there's also this https://www.ebay.com/p/2231463508?ii...oaAlf1EALw_wcB Here's a tutorial that helped me to with using NCSExpert and NCSDummy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9QizWwtI-g . If you need any help with anything feel free to pm me.

Also here's a video that shows the switch positions on the USB cables that have the switch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBW4vP41Qyc

My Z4 will only fully connect in switch position K

Last edited by g2096; 05-08-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #39
yyz_bobby
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 (2007)

Anyone managed to get ISTA-D working okay?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:06 AM   #40
FigureItOut
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i

Has anyone figured out how to disable or otherwise bypass issues with the secondary air pump and secondary 02 sensors? I'd like to drop my SAP and get rid of the code for my headers.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #41
yyz_bobby
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I got ISTA-D working and deleted transport mode.

I will be making some videos on it and hoping to post on all forums to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #42
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz_bobby View Post
Anyone managed to get ISTA-D working okay?
I have ista-d working on my F25 (ethernet obd interface), but have not tried it on my E86 (dcan obd interface). I assume I would need to change some settings. I have a old laptop set up with NCSexpert & inpa for my e86/e39 and a newer laptop set up with e-sys & ista-d for my F25.

What problem are you having?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #43
yyz_bobby
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
I have ista-d working on my F25 (ethernet obd interface), but have not tried it on my E86 (dcan obd interface). I assume I would need to change some settings. I have a old laptop set up with NCSexpert & inpa for my e86/e39 and a newer laptop set up with e-sys & ista-d for my F25.

What problem are you having?

So I managed to get it working and deleted transport mode. took some tweaking of EDIABAS and ODB config file. Not sure if I changed the switch position on dcan cable.

being the nice guy I am i thought i would do a guide and video and therefore wiped my laptop to reinstall everything and DOH. Something not working.

I created a video and uploaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wud6dmd2yl...error.mkv?dl=0
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 06:20 AM   #44
Willy Sea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe S54, E36 M3 Evo,

Hand held scanner

Sooo looking to invest in a hand held scanner is the Foxwell unit a good all rounder to use. I see on the bimmergeeks they have one, ProTool is ir? but not for the E85 / E86 chassis. The cables etc coming from them and will download the software in the trusty laptop. But looking to acquire a hand held well, just 'cos we can.
Any and all advice taken on board, thanks for reading, Bill
Appreciate 0