ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #3521
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Breaking into someone’s home should be an ultra hazardous activity. I’m in the process of selecting my retirement state and planning my retirement home, and one non-negotiable criterion is that the state have a Castle law. Also, it needs to be a Class 3 state. Tennessee is high on the list, but I worry that Nashville is going to turn it purple.
Purple is the colour of Royalty.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #3522
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Purple is the colour of Royalty.
Purple is the color of decline, since it almost always follows red.
      08-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #3523
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I lived in Nashville for about seven years and still have family there. It has changed a great deal in the past twenty years and not for the better. When I visit, it’s difficult to watch the local news because of all the crime. The gangs are recruiting early teens and they’re committing violent crimes, burglaries and carjackings. My brother is a firefighter and brother-in-law recently retired from the NFD, so I hear all about how it’s changed. They both CCW and I seriously doubt that I would move back even after living in downtown Atlanta for fourteen years.
      08-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #3524
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I lived in Nashville for about seven years and still have family there. It has changed a great deal in the past twenty years and not for the better. When I visit, it’s difficult to watch the local news because of all the crime. The gangs are recruiting early teens and they’re committing violent crimes, burglaries and carjackings. My brother is a firefighter and brother-in-law recently retired from the NFD, so I hear all about how it’s changed. They both CCW and I seriously doubt that I would move back even after living in downtown Atlanta for fourteen years.
That’s really a shame. I went to school in Nashville and absolutely loved it. But that was back in 1989-1992.
      08-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #3525
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I was there off and on between 1981 and 1998. During the four years that I lived on the Northside of Chicago, I rarely felt threatened. The homeless in Nashville has always been bad but the rate of growth has brought another element.
      08-16-2019, 07:43 PM   #3526
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Suggestions on storing a SBR-sized rifle, CZ Scorpion specifically?

I have no kids yet, so no danger for someone stumbling upon it.

I am thinking a above the door frame closet mount somehow, but wondering how you guys withOUT gun safes store your guns about the house?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #3527
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Suggestions on storing a SBR-sized rifle, CZ Scorpion specifically?

I have no kids yet, so no danger for someone stumbling upon it.

I am thinking a above the door frame closet mount somehow, but wondering how you guys withOUT gun safes store your guns about the house?
This may not be helpful to you, but I'll offer it. I have a gun safe where most of my guns live, but I built a locking wooden cabinet and installed it in my bedroom closet. that's where my ammo and shotgun live. I also have a locking pistol bok in my nightstand where one of my pistols lives.
      08-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #3528
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This may not be helpful to you, but I'll offer it. I have a gun safe where most of my guns live, but I built a locking wooden cabinet and installed it in my bedroom closet. that's where my ammo and shotgun live. I also have a locking pistol bok in my nightstand where one of my pistols lives.
Any reply in the world of guns as long as it is not anti-gun is helpful to me. Thanks for replying.

I am looking more for hidden in plain sight storage.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #3529
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
buy a hanging system and stick it right above your closet door. No one really looks up when they open a closet door and look in.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #3530
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Get a safe or at least a stack on gun cabinet and screw it into the floors and walls of a closet. You don’t have kids but it sure would suck to come home one day walk in and see your home tossed and much of your expensive stuff gone including your firearms. Not worth gambling, you never know when they’ll pick your home.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #3531
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
buy a hanging system and stick it right above your closet door. No one really looks up when they open a closet door and look in.
That's my thoughts, any links to a "hanging system"?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #3532
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Get a safe or at least a stack on gun cabinet and screw it into the floors and walls of a closet. You don’t have kids but it sure would suck to come home one day walk in and see your home tossed and much of your expensive stuff gone including your firearms. Not worth gambling, you never know when they’ll pick your home.
Completely agree, but I damn near work from home and am home 24.6, so odds are if some crack head comes through the door I am here.

I have a watched enough prepper and gun content online to determine that odds are if anything ever happens, I will be in my home when someone comes in the door.

From my knowledge research, anyone who comes will either be A. doped up and just kicking any door down to get some $$$ for drugs or B. someone I know seeking me out, any dateline special will teach you that
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #3533
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Would something like this work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/RackEm-Buddy-.../dp/B008GQ8RYG
      08-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #3534
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Would something like this work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/RackEm-Buddy-.../dp/B008GQ8RYG
This posting peaked my Googling/Amazoning.

I am currenting eyeballing something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005A32EJ2...=I32H0J5BWYM2B
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #3535
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
This posting peaked my Googling/Amazoning.

I am currenting eyeballing something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005A32EJ2...=I32H0J5BWYM2B
There you go. I love how they picture the gun with a trigger lock. What a bunch of PC bullshit. I mean seriously, does any actual gun owner do anything with trigger locks other than throw them in the garbage? That's what I do. Mine are all loaded and chambered.
      08-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #3536
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What you heathen my concealed carry has a trigger lock installed. Custom holster to fit it. Guns cant be trusted
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #3537
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What you heathen my concealed carry has a trigger lock installed. Custom holster to fit it. Guns cant be trusted
I conceal carry unchambered so the issue doesn't matter.

I understand every gun loving person may have a chambered round and thinks it will save them a few seconds.

I just subscribe to the notion that the simple fact of having a gun on my hip will save me as opposed to having my gun X miles away or hours at home when I am at the mall, movies, or Walmart as recent events have shown.

Like I get that having a chambered round wills save me X seconds, but I prefer the 100% safety buffer of not having a chambered round.

I have the skill/training that I feel I would draw/chamber a round faster than any person infringing on my safety and my life.
Appreciate 2
shimmy232330.00
      08-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #3538
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:

I understand every gun loving person may have a chambered round and thinks it will save them a few seconds.

I just subscribe to the notion that the simple fact of having a gun on my hip will save me as opposed to having my gun X miles away or hours at home when I am at the mall, movies, or Walmart as recent events have shown.

Like I get that having a chambered round wills save me X seconds, but I prefer the 100% safety buffer of not having a chambered round.

I have the skill/training that I feel I would draw/chamber a round faster than any person infringing on my safety and my life.
Different scenarios. I'm talking about the guns I keep in my house. I don't want to give away my position by having to chamber a round if a guy has forced entry into my house. Carrying is different. I have nothing against carrying a 1911 cocked and locked. But I also don't have any quarrel with your practice of carrying unchambered. To some extent it depends on the gun. I would carry a Glock unchambered because it basically has no safety.
      08-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #3539
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Different scenarios. I'm talking about the guns I keep in my house. I don't want to give away my position by having to chamber a round if a guy has forced entry into my house. Carrying is different. I have nothing against carrying a 1911 cocked and locked. But I also don't have any quarrel with your practice of carrying unchambered. To some extent it depends on the gun. I would carry a Glock unchambered because it basically has no safety.
VelocityVault to keep it kid safe but accessible.. would have to insert the mag and rack the slide to be dangerous. Trying to balance easy, convenient access with safety.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 12:04 AM   #3540
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I was joking no one carries a gun with an external lock on it as a concealed carry. If you have the training you know it doesn't take probably under a second to rack the slide and be ready. Problem is, if you were to attack someone how much time you think you would give them to defend themselves? Me personally none. You wont see it coming and will need to defend and respond under that attack. It's all personal choice though and you need to ease into being comfortable that's what you do.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 08-17-2019 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 12:09 AM   #3541
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I was joking no one carries a gun with an external lock on it as a concealed carry. If you have the training you know it doesn't take probably under a second to rack the slide and be ready. Problem is, if you were to attack someone how much time you think you would give them to defend themselves? Me personally none. You wont are it coming and will need to defend and respond under that attack. It's all personal choice though and you need to ease into being comfortable that's what you do.
I am at the point, where I do not fear using my firearm in a self defense scenario, but that I fear using my self defense firearm in a self defense scenario.

Like, having the skill and knowledge to protect oneself is a scary thing and lays responsibility of my own life my shoulders.

Hard to explain what I mean with words, but a gun enthusiast/2nd amendment lover/self defense person will understand.
Appreciate 1
Fritzer942.50
      08-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #3542
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Are you assuming I'm not one after trying to explain why a gun lock on a handgun in a holster is a joke? I'm an rso at my range and am definitely an enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
Fritzer942.50