ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-26-2019, 02:36 AM   #45
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

These are packed and ready to be shipped. Some can identify thier sets! ....

Since they are consider over sized. It took longer to get to the port. White glove packing & shipping from Skyer as always...

Bring your truck!
Attached Images

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 04-26-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #46
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M Roadster

Just auto count me in for every cf group buy hahah these look great on your IG posts!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #47
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

The Group Buy Side Extension are all shipped out! Please check the inbox of the email that you provided when paid. We just finished sending all participants their tracking number.

It'll be from team@skyermotorsport.com

Most will arrive in less than a week. The shipping for these took longer as the local carrier will not take these over-size boxes and we have to arrange our own trucking to cover the 5 hour trip to the port of export.

Many thanks for those who contributed during the development phase of these skirt extensions. We will continue to get everyone involved for our next pieces.

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more current stories since I know many don't frequent this forum.

For those who's still interested, pm us for leftovers..

Team Skyer

Appreciate 2
      05-10-2019, 11:35 PM   #48
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

My set arrived 5 days early. Tracking ETA was for the 14th; was leaving the house today
when I noticed big long rectangular box sitting against my front door frame.

Anyone else get theirs? Might be awhile before I mount mine. Waiting to see how the others go about putting theirs on.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #49
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Awesome news Thanks for posting! We know a few already have theirs in hand and can't wait to put these on. Post your pictures. Your positive feedback is our fuel to keep going..

We mounted ours by taking off the side skirt. Fine tuning exactly where we wanted. Use painter's tape to mark the outer edge where you want them. Then get some 3M automotive body tape to put them together. Self tapping screws to fully secure them when you finalized your preference.

Just some tip on how we mount ours!

HTHs..

Appreciate 1
ZMCoupe35.50
      05-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #50
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Got mine as well 😍 my car is in the shop so I’ll probably install them next weekend
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #51
Cyclops
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Our set arrived and must say stellar job on the piece itself and even the packaging.

BTW what type of screw is recommended for the installation, and did you fold that small rock (mud guard/flap) in front of the rear wheels or cut it off?

Anyone going to wrap these in PPF?
2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning ////////////2009 328xi M-Tech E91 manual 6spd

- Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #52
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Our set arrived and must say stellar job on the piece itself and even the packaging.

BTW what type of screw is recommended for the installation, and did you fold that small rock (mud guard/flap) in front of the rear wheels or cut it off?

It'd be a shame not to PPF these!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 09:12 AM   #53
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Im more worried about smashing them from the bottom when going up my driveway how thick are these bad boys?
      05-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #54
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Personally, I removed those small mud flaps for the skirts. They're held by one screw and a rivet.
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD

Last edited by RossBMWZseries; 05-15-2019 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #55
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Personally, I removed those small mud flaps for the skirts. They're held by one screw and a rivet.
I'm going to try and find a way to keep them, or rig up a replacement to bolt to the skirt. Tire spats are efficient for air flow around the tire.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #56
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Some have message us regarding installation. Here's some step and tips that we can offer. (We will upload some photos later to illustrate)

1. Take off the side skirt to mount: They will be much more precise and easier to adjust.

- side skirts can be taken off with one bolt at the bottom in the front wheelwell and one bolt at bottom of the rear wheelwell as well as a cap bolt on the top to take off the mud guard with the skirt.

- 8-10 rivets at the bottom of the skirt. We used a Y rivet tool to take those out.

- Open the door and leave it open. Just start pull back horizontally to the ground. the skirt should be able to pop off just like that without any damage to the fastener pins.

2. Clean all parts with Acetone. Rest the side skirt onto the CF extension and find you preferred location. Put painters tape to indicate how far outboard that you want to mount these. See Photos

3. Get 3M automotive body tape and tape two strip of the double side tape. and press mount onto the CF extension at the previously determined location. We put some plastic clamp on to hold them together with some pressure. See Photos

4. We use self tapping screws with washers that's in our shop to secure them with the pre-drilled holes. Those screws that we have handy was a bit too long at 1.5 inches. We end up snipping them to proper length before putting it back onto the car. See Photos

p.s. We are leaving the mud flaps out at this time; however, once we are happy with the positions of the extension, we might saw off the extra bits on the CF extension and reinstall the mud guard.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #57
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
I'm going to try and find a way to keep them, or rig up a replacement to bolt to the skirt. Tire spats are efficient for air flow around the tire.
I wasn't aware this affected air flow I guess I'll install the skirts and try to somehow put the guards back up.
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #58
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

We will cut off the extension to fit the mud guard. Once you starting to install, you'll see even when you do that, you'll still have enough room to do further adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Im more worried about smashing them from the bottom when going up my driveway how thick are these bad boys?
Thay are about less than half an inch thick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post

see above.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #59
K9
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe (E86)

Woot! I received the side skirts and I got to say, they're fabulous! I installed them while it was on the car using 3M double-sided tape and screws. As some of stated, I had to remove the mud flaps.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #60
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
If anybody who removed their mud flaps wants to sell, I'm looking
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #61
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9 View Post
Woot! I received the side skirts and I got to say, they're fabulous! I installed them while it was on the car using 3M double-sided tape and screws. As some of stated, I had to remove the mud flaps.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #62
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Wow! That looks awesome on a white coupe with OE side skirt! The extension line work very well with the body side profile! More pictures! Especially on a white coupe

Do you mind sending some pictures(near and far shots) to us to be featured on our FB/IG accounts?

Great job to mount them while the skirt on the car..

-much thanks,

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #63
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=K9;24799643]Woot! I received the side skirts and I got to say, they're fabulous! I installed them while it was on the car using 3M double-sided tape and screws. As some of stated, I had to remove the mud flaps.

Damn that looks sick on white! Any advice on how you installed them without removing the panel from the car? I tried doing it that way but i ended up scratching the CF skirt a bit so I gave up, decided to remove the panel unless your tips work for me
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #64
K9
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Do you mind sending some pictures(near and far shots) to us to be featured on our FB/IG accounts?
I'll post a few more tomorrow after I give her a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Damn that looks sick on white! Any advice on how you installed them without removing the panel from the car? I tried doing it that way but i ended up scratching the CF skirt a bit so I gave up, decided to remove the panel unless your tips work for me
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the scratches. I used painters tape where I wanted it to line up - similar to the 3rd picture in the second post (right before it curves / bends). I cleaned underneath the OE side skirt using soap and water, followed by an alcohol solution (13%). I applied 2.5" 3M double-sided mounting tape (extremely strong) to both sides of the middle slits and 0.5" (a square) to the slits on the end. I had someone one help me mount the skirts with the painters tape as guidance. Once you're confident it where it's placed, firmly press it against the double-sided, it's not going anywhere, I tried. Depending on how low your car is, you may need to jack it up to drill pilot holes for size 10 x 0.5" stainless steel screws (and washers). It took me an 1.5 hours in my garage. I wish I took a picture prior to installation for step-by-step.

Try a weaker double-sided tape if you think you may want to adjust it later. If you want to do this without double-sided tape, do some math. Find out where the middle slit is to go and drill a pilot hole. A single screw should be able to hold it.

Last edited by K9; 05-19-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #65
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks K9. I removed the panels off the car, seemed easier. I did the double sided tape so the CF skirts are on the panels now. I just need to screw them in. Question; did you screw the skirt with the panel only or did you also screw it in to the actual body? How long were the screws you used?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #66
K9
Rep

Quote:
size 10 x 0.5" stainless steel screws (and washers).
1/2" in length.

The panel is more than sufficient but don't over-tighten as it could break the panel (hole).

Last edited by K9; 05-19-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0