ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-20-2024, 11:58 AM   #1
nutbroker
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster

Need Help Guys

So I sent my 03 Z4 to get detailed prior to putting it up for sale and when I picked up the car from the detailer the check engine light was on and the EML light. I brought it to my local shop and he cleared the code and charged the battery. Next day battery was completely dead so I purchased a new one. Everything seems to be working properly however none of the buttons on the radio work. The radio powers on volume works, but the preset buttons dont work, the seek buttons, etc. So I looked in my manual for the radio code and found the card that had the serial number but it had no code on it. So i called the dealership and they said they dont have access to the codes.
What should I do now? I would greatly appreciate hearing your guys suggestions. Now is the perfect time to sell the little rocket and I dont want to miss the opportunity, Thanks to everyone in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2024, 03:08 PM   #2
cbpip
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
BT passkey can be seen behind the driver side subwoofer bu removing the speaker cover and looking in at the hole at the bottom right.
Or
that the PK is on the front facing face of the TCU in 2005 Z4s. And, in prior models, it is easily found by lifting the left side of the rear wall trunk cover, viewing the sticker on the bluetooth module that is right next to the TCU
Appreciate 0