ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-25-2024, 02:39 PM   #199
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Link is fine...

the dropbox link is fine...the forum mangles it. get's changed to dropbotwitter... WTF?

here it is again...and it is mangled by the forum.

right-click and copy this directly...and replace both DOT with the .
https://wwwDOTdropboxDOTcom/scl/fi/h...zp52f9k8w&dl=0

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 06-25-2024 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2024, 04:15 AM   #200
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

I finally got around to getting mine printed and installed. The hardest part for me was organizing the 3D print. As, I'm not experienced with this technology there are so many options. Special thanks to Z4Kevo for without whom, none of this would have been possible. Also for answering all my questions before getting this done.

After a couple of disastrous 3D print attempts from what can only be described as backyard coyboys, I finally got a winner. I would fully recommend Xometry for their professional service and quality.

You get what you pay, don't try and skimp on price with this, it will cost you much more in the long run. Don't ask me how I know this.

I ordered mine to be printed with SLA Resin Somos Taurus and I am most pleased with the results. The prep advantage was well worth it. A light sand and a coat of VHT primer followed by a couple of coats of Rust-Oleum Black Camouflage non-reflective finish for that stealth look I think it turned out well enough.

My vehicle came with the Professional Nav and all the vendors will tell you that you have to select the 480P model so it is compatible with the OEM data stream in order to be able to view the 'Car Info' as per the factory Nav screen. While this is true, it is a compromise I was not willing to make.

I did try the 480P screen model but after coming from a Mekede M7 Plus which is 1200P the drop in res for me was jaring. So I returned it and ordered the 720P model which was a noticeable step up in fine detail but you lose the ability to view the car info data which for me was a price I was willing to pay. As the only feature I car about, setting the clock time was able to be done via the instrument display controls anyway.

I ended up going for the Mekede Snapdragon 680, 8+256GB version which seems fast and there is no noticeable lag. I'm pretty much just running Android Auto all the time so it does what I wanted it to do which is good.
Attached Images

Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 2
Z4Kevo89.00
3798j12667.00
      07-30-2024, 08:38 AM   #201
mihandre
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

Hello guys, I plan on printing the baseplate for my PEMP unit, but I can't figure out how you screwed the baseplate onto the dash.

Do I need to place these metal tabs into the print? Unfortunately they forgot to put them in the box before shipping..

Name:  Screenshot 2024-07-30 163124.png
Views: 155
Size:  1.76 MB

Many thanks for the STL files!

Last edited by mihandre; 07-30-2024 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
Z4Kevo89.00
      08-06-2024, 09:12 PM   #202
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihandre View Post
Hello guys, I plan on printing the baseplate for my PEMP unit, but I can't figure out how you screwed the baseplate onto the dash.

Do I need to place these metal tabs into the print? Unfortunately they forgot to put them in the box before shipping..

Attachment 3515115

Many thanks for the STL files!
You can use the screw tabs from the existing nav unit... they slide right on. If you don't have those then you can source some from Amazon.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2024, 08:23 AM   #203
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
After a couple of disastrous 3D print attempts from what can only be described as backyard coyboys, I finally got a winner. I would fully recommend Xometry for their professional service and quality.

You get what you pay, don't try and skimp on price with this, it will cost you much more in the long run. Don't ask me how I know this.

I ordered mine to be printed with SLA Resin Somos Taurus and I am most pleased with the results. The prep advantage was well worth it. A light sand and a coat of VHT primer followed by a couple of coats of Rust-Oleum Black Camouflage non-reflective finish for that stealth look I think it turned out well enough.
Could you kindly share a link to the file you used? I may utilize Xometry as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 01:52 PM   #204
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
Could you kindly share a link to the file you used? I may utilize Xometry as well.

i am pretty sure he used the wide angular version.

Appreciate 1
CJW2OO4149.00
      08-19-2024, 02:11 AM   #205
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post

i am pretty sure he used the wide angular version.
Yeah, what he said.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 1
Z4Kevo89.00