Thread: Z4M vs.370Z
View Single Post
      09-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #42
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

The 3X0Z and the G3X platform brakes are HORRIBLE compared to the MZ4 Coupe. The biggest gripe I had with the 350Z was how sh*tty the brakes are. Even the ones that came with "Brembos." I remember a friend with a 350Z pulling off track after 2 sessions and the fluid in the rear were literally boiling out of the caliper. When we cracked the bleeder valve open, nothing but air bubbles. Crazy stuff. Took a ~$3,500 brake system upgrade for the 350Z to even come CLOSE to the brakes on my old 323Ci's reliability on track.

Nissan provided zero cooling to an inadequately small rotor on a car that's nearly E46 M3 in weight. Nothing a 4 or 6 piston caliper can do to keep the pedal from going to the floor when the fluid boils or the pads stop working due to the rotor's inability to evacuate heat fast enough to keep it out of the pad's MOT.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0