Thread: Z4M vs.370Z
View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #25
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

templar... unless you modify your Z4M, stock form.... the low end is kinda slow...not turtle slow, but I was suprise that the SI felt better. Coming from a JCW and tuned to 250HP will feel faster coming off the line. I was amazed with the smooth gear box of the mini... though I only drove a friend's MCS... I thought it was a neat little car.

Since you had a JCW you will be familiar with BMW sport suspension... I was amazed with the heavy steering and the feedback...I can't speak of the 370z... last Z I had was a 300ZX.

You never mentioned if you were getting a coupe or roadster? Either way...just be prepared for squeaky dusty brakes...notchy 2nd gear and dealing with the motor mounts and such... the maintenance was a pain too... I do love the seats...they are comfortable for me. Too me, the best thing about the M was the steering and handling... the least thing I liked about the M was the tranny. Though maybe not fair comparing the mini cooper FWD transmission... I could be wrong, but I heard FWD tend be more smooth. I drove the audi S5 and was amazed with that car's tranny... just warning you about the M tranny / S54 pairing wasn't the best...seeing you never driven one...just giving you heads up.
Appreciate 0