View Single Post
      05-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #167
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I hear you. But, speaking as an aftermarket automotive plastics designer and seller, a 4:1 ROI is still worth doing. And, if the price you stated is low and the costs are stated as high, it gets even better.

The only competition is the $150ish ebay/Tekcarbon one. There is room in the market at $300 and maybe even higher if it's really excellent quality.
True. And I do hope this happens because I want one. But purely playing it from the devil's advocate point of view. I guess the point I'm trying to make, is whoever is tackling this project head-on, need to know that they're doing this for the love of the car (and what they do), since from a pure marketing perspective, you're not going to make a metric butt-ton of money.

I like the passion, I LOVE the amount of innovation that happens here because of lack of aftermarket support. Just don't get blinded by your passion, that is all.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0