View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #37
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Happened to stumble upon this page today and noticed some questions left unanswered. The car looks great OP, thank you for sharing your photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbvac View Post
They will absolutely fit over stock brakes. Every ARC-8 size can clear stock brakes. A Big Brake Kit usually requires 1-2" more clearance than stock.

WHAT would be the largest size 17' wheels for a M-Coupe with stock suspension - not tracked - just like the beef and width

Any idea of tire sizes for max width wheel

Thankkz
The widest wheels in stock suspension would be the 17x9" ET30 and 17x10" ET25 ARC-8's, which can be used with 245/40/17 and 275/40/17 street tires. Using a wider 255/40/17 front tire would require camber plates to dial in around -2.5 degrees for proper fender clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
265/35/18 and 285/30/18 Hankook TD's on Apex EC-7 18x9 et31 and 18x10 et25 , no spacers , KWV3's , camber plates , -3.2 front ,-2.2 rear , clears PFC 355 mm BBK with ease . Out handles a Porsche GT3RS on R comps in the corners .
Your car looks great, thank you for sharing your specifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddish View Post
I can't tell you how long I've stared at this thread and this particular meaty set up.

I want to do something like this so bad, but I do not have the means to get lower to make this work (which looks to be a very key part in this). But I want that meaty look without having to increase wheel gap.

This is an absolute dream, and this thread will likely be bookmarked until 2 years down the road when said mods will likely come into play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerra View Post
Damn uuuuu!

This setup is badass!!

Now I have to think about a 17 inch wheel option!
The 17" ARC-8's are a great alternative for track setups to keep tire costs down and is quickly becoming a popular choice. The meaty tires definitely add a mean look to the Z.