antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnmra View Post
I haven't got around to doing anything about this, I kind of stopped noticing it .... I may take them off when I store my car for the winter and do something then.

antennahead; where did you get the silver ones? I don't think I want to invest too much in this fix.

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to remove the trim pieces (sides+bottom) without taking off the whole wheel?
BMW Partz Direct (BMW of North Haven). $215. Part # 65-71-0-304-942
This includes the radio/bluetooth controls, so I think that is why it's a little more expensive that just the spokes.

Sides come off very easy and is an easy replacement. The bottom spokes come off easy enough, but can be a bit tricky to replace. I was able to replace mine without removing the wheel or the airbag section. I will admit the back piece of the bottom spoke was a bear to get on. You have to work the top of it under the airbag trim and twist it a bit. It can be done however. If you look closely also, the front of the bottom piece is longer than the rubber coated one, and extends further down on the wheel. I am fine with that. I think it looks good and accents the brushed aluminum trim well. The actual color of this trim is called "graphite", as opposed to the "chrome" versions. I like the graphite better. It matches the door handles well and is slightly less shiny. I also replaced my roll bar covers with the silver grey ones, which are pretty much a perfect match also.

John
Appreciate 0