View Single Post
      04-24-2020, 11:35 PM   #498
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

I've been struggling with the fitting of the drivers seat over the last few weeks (in and out of ISO) but have finally got there (i hope), the struggle comes from being rather a bit tall (6'2") and then with the helmet on requiring 2 inches of space between the helmet and the roll bar that runs across the top of the door frame. This v's the view that ill have if i mount the chair all the way down so it clears the helmet. Its a prick.. first I moved my chair as close to the tranny wall as possible. there is now 1cm of space between it and the chair. so can't even get hands in there to bolt shit up. had to weld a makeshift tool to get in there.

Then lowered it as much as possible after removing the slider. Had to angle the seat so its on the lowest selection on the tranny side and 2/3 selection on the door side. (this kind of works, its not perfect, but it provides the helmet clearance), I've also angled the chair in towards the steering wheel a bit as otherwise your driving offset by 2 inches.

Its probably hard to make out what i am on about here, but ill include a few pics. The thing is with the chair this low, its like a freaking rubix cube everytime i need to make or try and adjustment on the chair, it takes nearly 2 hours to pull the fucking thing out. It really is tough, and everything is a compromise..

These first 2 images are test aligning the shoulder belts and making sure they comply with 10 degrees off the horizontal. (check)

Test fitting belts for degrees of horizontal. Perfect!!

Seat fittage..

Thanks goes to Micheal, Cammo, Liam and a few other guys from the group.