View Single Post
      03-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

First Track day (w/pics)

Went to Harris Hill Road this past weekend for a BMWCCA HPDE event. was a BLAST. i couldn't stop smiling the entire time. Each time i got on the track I tried to push harder and harder, only 2 spots got me every time I passed. Turn 4 and 8 if anyone knows these. R4GS was kind enough to snap a couple of pics for me and I had my gopro on but something didn't quite work with it. didn't get any track time SUPER mad about that one.

Getting ready to go out for my third time. Getting used to the car now more than the corners. Felt what brake fade means and how soft tires feel after just half and hour on the track. Learned quite a bit from one day out there. can't wait to get my next one in!!! MFest be ready!!!!!!

Just trying to get through the first section clean and set up for turn 2-3. Was hard to manage apexes and hills at first, but once i got them down it was a matter of braking!!

For anyone who thinks they know what they're doing behind the wheel of a car, take a HPDE and see for yourself! it will change you!!!

favorite pic. was probably doing 284 MPH here that's why the background is all blurry. R4GS had a hard time keeping up with me!! j/k!

I learned a lot out there. Definintely about myself, as a driver, the car, lines, braking, how to PROPERLY enter a turn, not to let off the gas when hitting an apex (b/c you WILL lose control), and more. I think suspension just moved up my list of mods. haha