07-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #292
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
That article is psshhhhhh.

Dude left out on $30 million dollars by not signing to Cleveland, if he stayed there they would all say it was for the money.

By not playing for the Knicks, dude won't play for the biggest stage in the NBA. If he went there it would've been for the fame.

By not playing for the Bulls, dude's missing out on a better team core, and the chance to follow the footsteps of the GOAT. If he went there it would've been to challenge MJ's spot as the greatest Bull of all time.

Instead of all this, Lebron James forfeited any future argument of him being better than MJ. Dude gave up his chance of becoming the GOAT in an attempt to instead create what could become the greatest TEAM of all time...

and people are calling him selfish? GTFO. He just wants to win. Doesn't everyone? This scrutiny is ridiculous.
Totally agree with you on this. So many haters out there it's unbelievable! While I think it would have been beyond awesome if LBJ had stayed in Cleveland and carried a mediocre (at best) team to a championship, what was the real liklihood that would happen? He needed a legitimate sidekick to get him there and as much as he tried to get Chris Bosh to join him, it didn't happen. So at the point what what are his choices? Stay in Cleveland and feel the love but very likely no rings? Or go to where he can win now and in the future? AND be taking LESS money to do it! He doesn't care about the moeny, his legacy or his stats because he wants to WIN, and isn't that what we ultimately expect from an athlete? And also let's be real here, Kobe does not win without Shaq and later Gasol. Magic does not win without Kareem and company. Bird does not win without McHale and company. Drexler does not win without Hakeem. KG, Pierce and Allen do not win until they are together. You could even argue MJ does not win without Scottie. It is so hard to win championships in the NBA. Look at Malone and Stockton. Look at Nash and Dirk. Do you think LeBron wanted to end up like them? Immensely talented but lacking the pieces around him to win? Hell no! I totally respect his decision.

Now maybe the WAY he did it was hurtful for Cavs fans, but he gave them 7 amazing years. They were a perenial backwater franchise that were lucky to even get him in the first place, and while I can understand the bitterness, they should also be grateful to LeBron for all the work he put in there.

And finally, seeing Dan Gilbert's reaction only further justifies LeBron's decision to leave. Would you want to work for a guy who flies off the handle like that when the chips are down? I mean seriously, what was that??? I'm sure it was a side of Mr. Gilbert that LeBron had seen during their time together and if so, I would imagine it had at least some impact on his decision. Miami has got a solid owner and great management, something that Cleveland sorely lacks. If the Cavs are huffing and puffing about winning a championship now, where was that fire and passion when you had the greatest player for the last seven years???

Appreciate 0