JimBob0047
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGus View Post
Took the plunge last weekend, and wrenched on the Z seriously for the first time (only other thing I have done till now was replace the alternator)...

All preventative maintenance items done included Beisan oil disk, Beisan vanos seals, Beisan upper chain guide, upgraded cam bolts, shimmed the valves while I was in there (3 were out of spec) and replaced the plugs.

Took me about 10 hours to do all of it, but wow... does she ever drive smoother and quicker after the work!

Just turned 54k miles right before I did all of this, so very close to time for oil change #2 and probably another road trip to the dragon once spring finally arrives!

And I have to say thanks to @bignosejim - https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1112938
All on my to do list, along with rod bearings and motor mounts (I'm at 91k miles). Due to other priorities at the moment, the car has sat in the garage under covers for a year now. I miss the driving the car so much.

How'd you find the job? Pretty straight forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
You have my twin! I'm also in VA. Are you in NOVA? I'm in Loudoun County.
I'm surprised not more people run this setup, it looks so good. The concavity makes it such a big upgrade to the stock wheels. Btw, that ride height is spot on!
Thanks! I'm glad more people aren't running it I like to be unique! Bilstein PSS10s on the lowest setting.
Appreciate 0