View Single Post
      07-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Posting this because I have gotten a couple PM's about my "repacked exhaust" cans and figured I would share it on here.

So I have had the SuperSprint race cans on my car since about 2007 and the exhaust insulation in the muffler was gone. The cans sounded hallow from the outside and when I cut a hole in one of the cans they were completely empty... just some dust left in the cans which was previously exhaust mat. The lack of insulation in the can made the car really oud and drone. I honestly think the exhaust insulation was burnt up only after a couple years of track use.

Instead of buying new mufflers I decided to try and repack my current cans with new exhaust insulation mostly because I knew even if I bought new cans I would be in the same situation in a couple years.

Originally I was going to just repack them with exhaust mat but then i found this product called "scrubble" which is meant for race cars. Its an exhaust insulation made of metal shavings so it doesnt burn up under high heat like normal exhaust mat. Problem with scrubble is it does not dampen the sounds as much as exhaust mat (3-5db higher) so I did a 50/50 mix of exhaust mat and scrubble.

So far it has been holding up great and the sound is amazing. I might try repacking with full scrubble in the future.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 2
racerbruce3853.50
AK72286.00