View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #105
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

What they said...

The only other option would be to locate the oil tank in the passenger footwell behind the firewall. But that would take a lot of fabrication to box it in so that it would not be technically in the cockpit. Not worth it for the 20 or so pounds of the tank and oil. Since there's room in the engine compartment (unlike E36/46) one would be crazy to complicate things by moving it back. One also has to consider that the further you run hose, the larger the hose needs to be to allow adequate flow. Longer larger hose also means more weight.

The driver seat is basically as low as it can go. At 6', I'm so low in the car that I'm having a challenge with markers on track that I've used for years. Can't see over the hood like I could in my old E36.

With the oil tank and the oil cooler now on the passenger side of the car, this should help with the weight balance.

Been noodling a solution for my Achilles dry sump kit. Their placement of the pump isn't going to allow the under pump fittings to clear the steering rack. I need to get creative...

One small bit of disappointment is the Achilles pan requires the motor to be 4mm higher up than I had it with the stock pan. Now to be fair, I was using AKG aluminum mounts that drop the motor 10mm. Their pan is designed to be compatible with most of the aluminum mounts that drop the motor 5mm. I suppose I could notch it, but where I'd need to notch it there is an oil galley for the forward scavange point...no one said this would be easy.
Appreciate 2
Azeka1284.50
Vanne1590.00