View Single Post
      12-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

M Coupe LTW build

My build is nearing completion, so I thought I would share some of the details of this build since there are few E86 full tilt track builds. My overall objective on this build was to make a no compromise track car build with weight reduction being the primary focus. Adding lightness is the best way to make a car fun and fast on a race track.
By way of introduction, I started tracking sometime in 2006 in my Z3MR. After a couple years I realized I wanted to go racing so I picked up a 1995 M3 and began the long process of building this car, and my skills, to go racing. In 2010 I went racing in IP with BMWCCA. For the next 5 years I raced at tracks in the southeast. It was a great fun, but unfortunately a competitor’s poor judgement took out my car at the end of 2015. The wife declared no more racing (something about bouncing off walls at 100 mph freaked her out…). I was kind of done with racing anyway, but after a year away from the track the bug returned (probably easier to kick a crack habit…). A compromise was reached where I will go back to just tracking a car.
With that agreed, I sought out a car to build. I have had a Z4MC as a weekend car for about 5 years. I always thought this car would make an excellent track car, but this car is a garage queen. I bought it with 3,500 miles at 5 years. A unique color combination of white with red interior and Madeira walnut dash (supposedly 1 of 5). At 10 years this car has all of 18,000 miles. It’s not going to see track time. So I found a 75,000 mile black Z4MC for sale locally. This will be the track car.

Appreciate 4
Mirko182.00
longress104.50
TAL2GK143.50