View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #11
BobR07Z
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4

Okay, after completing the motor install and everything working great, I decided to work on the motor that I pulled out to see what the problem was and how difficult it was to dismantle the motor.. The pictures below show the motor taken apart. The end of the motor that the electrical is connected comes apart and you have access to everything. I made the mistake of trying to spread the cylinder away from the holding plate, I think if you just pry the plate up and away from the base you won't destroy it as I did, I used a chisel to open the tabs and don't think that was necessary. Instead just pry upward and separate the plate away from the motor. It had a broken solder connection at one point and after soldering it, put it back together and the motor worked. I then tried to solder the end plate to the cylinder and ended up hurting the electronics so I discarded this motor. This is all so that you can make a decision or see how the motor is put together. There is hope to rebuild or fix your own.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
belcom178.50