10-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Full offense meant here, if you call someone an idiot without understanding what they are talking about, then it is, in fact, you who is the idiot.

Wheel torque is acceleration, period, there is no debating this what so ever, the values on that graph ARE acceleration. You have no comprehension of this so why don't you refrain from calling people idiots until you do.
I understand fully what I'm talking about (I'm an aero engineer finishing my masters), torque is nothing more than an applied moment on a body. If you're looking at wheel torque that's great, than you know what kind of force the wheels can put on to the road. What you're not considering here is the equation of motion for the vehicle. Since the 335i has more mass and less stiffness than the M coupe it's going to rock back under acceleration and and going to resist acceleration more. You're also failing to consider the affect of drag on the car. Just looking at wheel torque is great for 2 cars with the same shape and mass, but when you're comparing apples to oranges it doesn't work. So if you want to continue the whole idiot discussion please continue...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0