View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
I agree with the assessment that "the BMW 2 Series would appear as the true entry-level option for the brand, pushing the four-door 3 Series further upwards in terms of size, weight and price."

When looking for a replacement for my E46 330Ci ZHP, the M240i felt like the true successor. I'd originally not intended to get a BMW, but saw the CPO E46 I took it on a test drive for fun and was just blown away with the driving experience. But after 150K miles, I was putting too much into maintenance and thought I'd check out the new 4 series. When test driving a 2018 440i, I was actually relieved to be back in my E46 the whole driving experience was so bad - it felt so bloated and huge. While the steering was not all the way there, the M240i felt pretty darn close to the "perfect" driving feel from my E46, with 100 extra HP to boot.

I had a new G20 loaner for a couple of days and while I have to admit that the chassis is vastly improved to the outgoing model, it's still WAY too big and I really hate the new digital instruments. From reports, the next 2 series coupe will be built on this chassis. Let's just hope that they don't bloat it, keep it RWD, offer the B58, AND KEEP A MANUAL OPTION.
Appreciate 0