BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
1MOREMOD , Mr Tonka and others:

School me on shotguns please - what ones do you like and why. I'm probably looking at pump because I need to keep this below $700, so please let me know any recommendations around that level or cheaper. Using for trap/skeet and duck / turkey hunting.

Any opinions on Franchi? I was looking at maybe a benelli Nova?
I have the Stoeger M3000 and it's been great for me. It's a semi-auto that uses the Benelli inertia-driven action for ~$500. I believe Franchi makes a similar model for $100-200 more. My budget at the time was $500 so I picked the Stoeger, but the Franchi was definitely a step up and probably worth the extra cost IMO. If you want to use 3 1/2" shells for duck/turkey I think they make a magnum version, but I don't have any experience with it. The Nova was my other option, but I was able to get the Stoeger semi-auto for the same price so that's what I chose.

I saw a recommendation for a Remington 870, and traditionally those have been fantastic, reliable, shotguns, but I've seen and handled some new ones and was not impressed by the build quality.
Joekerr7929.00