View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #19
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Hey there... I realize this is an ancient thread, but I am researching coilover options for my Z4M Roadster. It seems as though adjustment on the rears is a pain in the arse given that the soft top has parts of it that sit on top of the shock mounts / adjustment points.

What is the impact of leaving those parts out? Does the soft top still function without issue?

Thanks in advance... hopefully someone sees this thread rise from the ashes

Cheers,
Eamonn aka eggman
The impact of removing the parcel shelf is you will have to manually bypass the sensor to put the top down.

I wanted to keep as much of the trim as possible and retain the shelf, so what I ended up doing (since I had a spare set) was to drill out a hole in the rigid plastic hinge mechanisms and pliable rubber/plastic covering exposing the top adjustment knob at the raised, curved section. This allows me to make adjustments without needing to remove anything, though the top does need to go up to make these adjustments.

Obviously, this is a more permanent modification, so the decision is up to you. I figured if I ever go back to stock I would swap in my spare hinge mechanisms and put rubber bungs in the pliable stuff.

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0