vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
And our university bookstore has excellent prices for Macs. Look into student discounts on Macs before you decide.
We have been an authorized IBM service center (now Lenovo) going back to the old PS/2 days of the late 1980's, and keep a spare parts inventory for the standard models owned/recommended by the institution. When coffee meets the computer during the term paper rush every semester, the turnaround for repairs is 24 hours for the recommended models versus 1-3 weeks for other non-recommended models/brands/manufacturers.

We also have the academic pricing deal with Apple, but cannot do repairs or warranty service. If it needs to be serviced, it has to be shipped to the Apple repair depot on the student's dime.

On a side note, my office iMac just wandered to my home desk on Saturday. Still lots of software updates to run from sitting idle for over a year, but I should be able to do work from it tomorrow while we wait for new office space to be prepared at work.....