View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #66
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Yesterday, I took the car up to the body shop for polishing of the new paint. The bumpers were empty on the car (no extras installed) and the headlights removed. Side mirror not installed.

This was done to help the guy in the polishing, to make it easier. They really did an outstanding job. Looking at the front of the car it looks like an empty skull driving down the road.

This is the first time I have driven the car since Nov. GOD IT WAS GREAT. Since it was cold and the oil temps never got up to 180' for the short trip, I never took it above 4000RPM.. sucks.... But it was still great. Driving a real car. Driving the Roadster is NOT the same...

New headlight should be here in a few days or so.

When I get the car back, the bumpers come back off and all the extras get installed into them and to mount the splitter and maybe to figure out how to mount Ians plexiglass. I have to pull the interior door card to install the OEM sound dampening material I forgot and to put the side mirror on.

That black sticky material used on the internal of the door that no one knows how to get.... Talking to the parts guys at BMW, it is called DUM DUM and they get it at NAPA. It's called 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer.

After all that, it will be a good time to do a paint correction on all the other parts of the car, seal it with Wolfgone DGPS and lay down two good coats of Dodo Diamond White Hard wax.

The wheel refurbishers are coming out on Sat. (they have a mobile van) to look at the wheels. I am worried that the front one might not be perfectly straight, although it drives fine. They can fix this..then make them look like new. I have seen their work. Stunning.... all this from a panel truck....

My wife who followed me out to drop off the car, remarked "I bet you loved that, just to drive it again. How was it?"

I looked at her with hooded eyes and said in a low growl. "Soonnnnnn"
She just laughed....
Appreciate 1
Vanne1620.50