01-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #166
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Seems way more complicated than my conversion! AEM is a fantastic product. I also had to run the throttle body at a high frequency to reduce the while when operating. My hardest struggle with AEM was tuning the throttle body idle/closed loop. The BMW tb has a really strong spring making it difficult to get down to 2% and controlling the idle as well. I had to manually force the throttle plate closed while doing the auto-tune function to achieve full range.
I may want to speak to you about this since I'm getting very strange behavior trying to drive the IAC valve (including the Infinity somehow keeping the main EFI relay on regardless of ignition switch setting when I feed it power). Did you ever get it to idle well on just the ITBs?

I got almost all of the rest of the sensors wired up to the Infinity this afternoon (EGT remains; wideband O2 sensors need to be installed in the headers), confirmed that it is tracking the intake and exhaust cam position sensors, wired up the ignition and wired up the injectors. It's a bit tough to confirm spark with the coil-on-plug setup (where on earth to ground out the bloody plug?) but I think I did. We'll see.

I'm not seeing any oil pressure when I crank the engine. Dipstick comes back with a good level, but I'm wondering if I've picked a bad place for the oil pressure sensor. It's currently - along with the oil temp sensor - in the firewall side of the oil filter manifold where a stock sensor was. The oil temp sensor is replacing a blanking plug just inboard of that location.

There were a few places where my wiring plan didn't work with the Infinity, so I'll be updating my pinout / wiring diagram to reflect that.

I now have 4.5 gallons of brand-new 92 octane pump gas in the garage. I'm awfully close to putting it in the car... don't want to attempt a start without confirming oil pressure, though, and definitely don't want to do it when I don't have enough time to clean up fuel-rinsed cylinders and debug.

Oh, and I test-fit the seat:

Appreciate 0