Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
That may very well have been the case, but it doesn't answer the question of why additional witnesses were required to substantiate an already winning argument. Even before the Bolton revelation, the Democrats were decrying the republicans for not calling for more witnesses. But why would additional
witnesses be required, for an already winning case? At the end of this, the Democrats faulted the absence of any additional witnesses as the reason for why they didn't win.

The burden of proof was with the Democrats, they didn't meet the burden, so they either shouldn't have brought the case to begin with or not expected the defense to make the for them. The fact that they were so convinced of it being a winning case that they brought it just indicates to me they were grasping at straws trying to create the appearance of impropriety by the republicans when they lost.
Let's be honest... regardless of the amount of proof provided, the senate was always going to acquit. It didn't matter how strong the case was.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold