View Single Post
      11-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #365
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
gotta hand it to me, I kept the big slide from spinning me around. Just took my hands off the steering for a second to let it unwind. Wasn't enough room to ride it out. hahahahahha

Unfortunately I only hit about 6000rpm in 2nd, so didn't get to use the best of the kit.

I'm very surprised that even with how messy my last run was, and I went off course at the end, my time was close to my fastest lap. From now on I'll run the first lap with TC on to warm up the tires and learn the track, and the rest with TC off

I cracked an underbody panel near the bumper corner, but they're not expensive to replace. In fact, it was one I already repaired before so its time for a new one

I'm gonna try to run as many autocrosses as I can next season. I'd like to hit a real track too
TC is a huge killer on these cars. I never run with it on...but granted I don't have a blower under the hood

Nice runs, there is room to improve, but I'm sure you realize it. Just becoming smooth with the car, eliminating "coasting" (Which I have a bad habit doing) and getting on early without breaking the tires is a task.

I've put my car sideways through the finish as well...fun times.
Appreciate 0