04-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
great pics! i wouldn't have been able to make mfest regardless if easter was a three day weekend (it wasn't). not to mention NO LEAVE
yeah matt, it was definitely worth the drive out there. The people in the Texas caravan were awesome as well. For next year, get on the MFest forums and when they drop the date, put in for leave forecast! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
Great pics man!

Wish I had been there. Next time
I would've LOVED to see your car around the track. I also wouldn't have been the only IB M Coupe either

My wife and I are already talking about next year haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
That outside road-course is 100X more fun to drive than the infield Roval. I've driven both.

And since they've repaved the oval, that transition from the infield to the oval is now a very jarring JOLT and is no longer conducive to be used for high performance driving.
The track was so much fun. It was only my second time ever on a track so I got in the beginner group. First 2 'runs' were a parade lap to learn the lines, but no passing and the second was at speed broken down into groups of 3-4 to practice point-by's. Finally able to go all out on the third session and it was so worth it. Very well designed course IMO. I learned real quick what everyone meant by 'brake fade' lol!

I really can't say enough about it, but if I had to put it in 2 words:

I'm HOOKED.