09-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #18
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Thanks for sharing, these kind of things can be extremely frustrating. Glad you got it sorted in the end. I gotta ask, why did you swap in a different cam set? (Assuming they were the same setup as before?)
Same setup. Long story short I trusted the dealership when they said valve clearance was performed already
Continued to drive the car until I started hearing funky clicking noises coming from the motor and coolant disappearing...
Had to tear down the engine to find the clearances off by almost .050 in some points and extreme wear due to coolant in the oil I'm assuming.
So I had to get a head gasket and swap rocker arms and cams.
Bought used cams to save money from a used S54 and those turned out to be faulty as well.

Lesson learned. Don't trust dealerships and buy new for less of a headache.

P.S. The amount of wear on the rocker arms and cams was insane... rocker arms were actually inverted due to wear...
Would bad clearances accelerate the wear? Anyone savvy in that department?
Mods: ProFlex E85 Flexfuel kit, Eventuri Carbon Intake w/ RPI scoop, Megan Headers, Custom Axle-back exhaust, KW V3 Coilovers, Stoptech ST40 BBK, Poly FCABs, APEX PS-7s, Diode Dynamics Headlights, CF Trunk Spoiler, Sideskirts & Diffuser.
Appreciate 2
Vanne1620.50