View Single Post
      12-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #69
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Install photos, sorry these were delay... holiday issues... lol
Cutting of top layer was easy... under the foam was tough (2-3 hours, lots of broken disc)... The lower side I was able to use a jig saw and vacuum and cut it fast, towards windshield, the tool wont fit.. I end up using the disc cutter off dremel. Cut has to be clean or flush, else it wouldn't fit okay.

I end up doing the trim also, so I pop off all the trim. I took out both vents to make it easier to take the trim off. I use the plastic pull tool, it made a minor nick on one. Trim pic 2, you need to lift that one off.. All the rest you can yank out and fish the clips with the magnet tool. I'm donating this trim to a user here for wraps.. If you use a telescope magnetic pick up tool, you can get all your clips back. Funny thing is I can't find my aluminum trim to put back..

For gps wiring, I end up punching a hole on the right door by the airbag switch to run the gps wire, once the door is close, you can't see it.. ill tug it in there. Ill use the same wire to run the power for the dash cam and the front and reverse camera. I got the HD reverse camera today and test it also. Install pic 11, seems that all the wire can hide in that section, gps wire, dash wires, etc. Below it is airbag, still researching issue. Probably hang it so it doesn't go lower.

Still working on
-Magnetic/metal behind trim to use a magnetic mount
-Front camera, there isn't really a way to signal it, i order a dual rca input controller switch for cameras
-12v usb C pd hard wire
-Rear camera install & wiring
-Rear dash cam 12v hard wire also.
-Rear flood led lights

Doing trim also