10-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #15
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2twins View Post
I figured. I have sheet aluminum 1mm thick that I have fabricated into temporary wheel spacers to get precise figment. I ordered 3 & 5mm spacers for the front and a 12mm for the rear. Once it is dialed I will use a 1 piece spacer.
If anyone is willing to pm me the bolt length for the shim I can get them and various washers locally. Otherwise I'll order from Turner.
I have run the stock wheels with 235/265 RE01R/RE11s and you will fit with out any spacer. The 235 is still a bit narrow especially for an AX course. You really need a 245 or larger or front to dial out the natural understeer this chassis seems to have at slow speed. The issue is when you step up to a 245 you start running into fitment issue but not because of width but more overall diameter of the tire. I find out of all the various tires sizes I have run an overall diameter of about 25.5-25.8" is the max you can run up front to be able to fit and not rub too terribly on the corner where the front fender meetings the bumper. My favorite when I was running the stock wheels was the 255/35/18f 275/35/18 set up. Some would argue the front tire is too wide for the rim but on an AX course I don't think it matters. The addition of overall grip is worth the downsides. On a track I would comment differently.

Overall width of the tire for this car completely depends on the suspension you are running and the amount of clearance said suspension gives you on the strut side. On my car with GC coils the max I can run up front is 275 on a 9.5 rim. I would love the 10" rim but it is just a tad too big. A buddy ran a 10" rim on the front of his coupe with Motion Control coilovers but he also did some pulling and rolling to the front fenders

I am currently running 275 square RE71s on

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0