02-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #63
exdos
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe(S54) and Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. But it'd be nice to have something to back his claim of 370hp and +20 RWTQ from an air intake alone. Maybe some data from a few 50-100mph pulls stock / with intake?
I've explained how the DashDyno does its dyno calculations and I've produced the figures produced from the DashDyno. I've acknowledged that the figures may, or may not, be absolute but does that matter because I've also shown the relative values compared to the same car in its OEM format when dyno'ed by exactly the same methodology. What don't you understand about this?

You've been reading the thread on the other Z4 forum, and in it I've described how I've been through the same scenario when I did the same sort of mods on my Z3MC and people like you doubted that I could produce significant gains with relatively simple mods to OEM parts. Consequently, I took that car onto two different static dynos at well-respected establishments, including that of Evolve (you've heard of them on this forum) and proved 1. that my mods produced significant gains for FREE and 2. that my DashDyno produces comparable figures to those produced by static dynos. All my mods and details of the dyno runs (including a video of my car on the rollers) is well documented and available on the internet if you care to do a search.

I'm not going to rush on to static dynos at anyone's request. All my figures and graphs are exactly as exported in .csv format from the DashDyno with no manipulation. I do understand scepticism, and the amount of proof that you require to convince you is entirely down to your own choice. All I can tell is I know what I have done to achieve such gains and that I have followed well-known scientific principles to achieve them.

Last edited by exdos; 02-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0