03-24-2023, 01:22 PM   #2
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaussca View Post
I didn't see anything about this when I did a search, I have read a couple messages that regular tires help your car handle better over run flat. I was wondering what you guys feel is better for a 2004 Z4 Roadster

Run Flat or Regular Tires and why?
Run flats seem to give false sense of security. A puncture you can still drive safe at specific speed and miles on but shredded tire on a steel plate in a construction zone (witnessed first hand) and you’re still up shits creek.

From a performance side rf are less compliant in part I believe in how the make up of the sidewall is in order to support when flat. I have rf Bridgestones from the PO on my e86 and grooved roads it pulls you all over. Quite a different story in my roadster on Toyo r1r on the same stretch of road, nor do my non rf snow tires do that in my e82. Not apples to apples on tire comparison per se rf AS to non rf AS and different on car set up but yes non run flats in a performance tire will do the performance they’re rated for. Only reason I have them on my e86 is tires are still good and waiting to get new tires for new wheels later this year.

Last edited by Piper1; 03-24-2023 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1