12-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #17
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
1tb ssd will set you back about $70 so it should last you for a while...

the hdd replacement video, looking at this video, if this is indeed your laptop, you don't even have to take out the whole bottom case, just some side, it's super easy, take a look first

WOW, first of all, thank you very much for helping and researching for me this option ; yup, that looks like my laptop! The hardware change looks simple enough so that even I can do that. I'm just worried about the software part...to me it's daunting what happens next w a new/empty drive, how does it 'go back to being a working computer'?

$70 USD? sounds awesome, but the poster above said it's much more expensive, so I'm confused. I assume that's $70 NEW, because I don't wanna risk buying refurbished stuff?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0