Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
The sound/rattle is normal with the clutch out in neutral. The other stuff is definitely not!!

Installed mine a few months back, JB racing flywheel, and the racing sachs PX plate/clutch plate combo..

More like I tried to install it.. the kit that turner sells for the Z4m is actually the kit for the Z3m.. the PX plate differs by about 3 mill. Ask me how I know this.. big fuck up on Turners account. But after trying to find out what the heck was wrong, turns out that the flywheel (I didn't buy turners kit, just their throwout bearing/sachs px plate and clutch plate.. as I got the JB z4m racing flywheel from elsewhere. (thx Gonzalis

anyways, where was I? yeah so all the part numbers are different from the Turners kit!

The are selling the Z3M JB flywheel /px plate/clutch plate combo for the Z4M.. completely incorrect..

The Z4m has its own specific JB race flywheel part number, (after speaking with JB about the whole thing) (which is the one I have), and then trying to see where the stuff up was, turns out the correct PX plate for the Z4m (turners) is the e46 M3 one. not the Z3M one. ( youd think they are prob the same, they are not!)

Anyways, not saying that's where your issue might be, but mine has been AWESOME!!!! since getting the correct parts bolted up. Amazing connection, such a good feeling. def one of my fave mods. (I don't mind the Duke dry clutch rattle btw in neutral ), but mine is not a daily.

Might wanna look into that a bit further if your having issues.

I had help from Sean K at turners to sort the whole mess out, he was very helpful, even arranged shipping the correct pressure plate to Dubai for free.. well kinda they had to I guess as it was their F-up!. Good bloke that Sean.

Anyways, if need be, I can quote some part numbers..

cheers.. V

@Saintex, mine is going perfectly.
+1 Vanne let me drive his car, and it's smooth with no vibration from the flywheel combo. I couldn't shift fast enough. Vanne's car is a magazine-worthy track build, so there's more NVH than OEM anyway (mounts, exhaust, cage, seats, etc.). Shifting was direct and pedal effort was just right. I really enjoyed it - thanks buddy!

My 3.0i has a JB Racing aluminum single mass flywheel. It has a small amount of additional NVH on decel. If you're wanting OEM quietness, I wouldn't go for a single mass flywheel.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 4
Arsonism158.00
deemo3191751.00
Vanne1620.50
Steeler2428.50