View Single Post
      05-31-2018, 12:50 AM   #40
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

thanks for the pics MOTK, , i appreciate them, see the stock z4m intake size that comes through the nose wall, It's about a 1/3 of that size of the headlight intake in your picture.
And that's not even talking about the 90 degree corners it takes as it goes from the scoop (if you even have a scoop) to the exit through the the nose wall. I have some pics somewhere I should dig up.

That headlight intake is awesome, and along the lines of what I would like to develop for our cars I already have sourced an old headlight which i will use as a mould. but sadly this will take time as work is owning my butt atm. I also have a nice carbon tube which i hope to mate with the headlight...

Btw, the OEM CSL snork flap is closed only at idle/below 3k rpm, and yeah oem Z4 air hole at that rpm that will provide enough flow at this stage, when that flap opens, it's a whole different ball game. the flap is there predominantly for noise. Once it opens, it's there to let as much air in as possible. (Within reason of course)

Edit: not meaning to say its useless, just less than optimal, and if your getting one of these intakes, i would imagine your going with optimal, otherwise you might as well have stayed with your OEM intake, which as FD3S correctly pointed out is very nicely optimised by the BMW M factory to provide an excellent intake source for the MAF requirements of those maps, which our CSL intakes don't have.

Last edited by Vanne; 05-31-2018 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0