View Single Post
      05-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #39
MOTK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
to be totally honest, those snorkels going down and connecting up to your OEM Z4M intake hole, youll be getting about 1/8th of the air that this intake can handle and pretty much useless in that regard. have you actually seen the size of the oem intake hole? its super tiny. Sure it will be cold air, but that's about it, youll be strangling the intake.

My next project is to provide a good air intake for the snorkel.
I really don't think the actual size of the intake hole is that important (within reason of course), it's more about the volume of air surrounding the trumpets, however I am no flow dynamisist. Bear in mind the bumper entry of the CSL is smaller than the z4s (it is my understanding that this is where the majority of the air is sucked from due to the oem csl flap). The Z4 entry also seems to be able to supply more than enough air for supercharged cars.
Mine has dynoed over 380bhp on one I know to be fairly accurate so I think to say using that intake is useless is slightly misguided I'd say.
Probably also worth noting that a lot of the e46 m3 race cars with carbon airbox route directly to the box from one of the headlights, a not dissimilar size to the z4 slam panel intake.
Attached Images

Last edited by MOTK; 05-28-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0